Looking for an extra challenge start?

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
Seed: FTB Alpha

You literally drop in the middle of an ocean biome with no land in sight for a fair distance. Nearest tree, as far as I know, is roughly due southeast. It is a single small tree on a tiny island but you'll have some wood to get started.

I'd gone roughly northeast afterward and found a small island with some grass, a beehive, and enough grass to get a few seeds. After building up wood and a few other barebones bits, including a little ore, back out upon the sea southeast but no mainland yet... :eek:

The start was a little daunting but as I give it a try, it's more fun than I'd expected. This is currently about a MC week or two in. I'm trying to find a continent (or at least large island) before setting upon a more permanent base.

Vegoraptor

Jul 29, 2019
This belongs here.
You are welcome.
Also, there are surprisingly many seeds mainly consisting out of tiny islands nowadays. Hope the Mojangs are not up to something.....

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
This belongs here.
You are welcome.
Also, there are surprisingly many seeds mainly consisting out of tiny islands nowadays. Hope the Mojangs are not up to something.....
You are dingbat. It didn't exist at the time. :p

No tiny islands anywhere near spawn. After traveling FAR to the southeast I finally found a mainland (just picked a direction and kept going for wont of any difference). I estimate it lies more than 10-20km away from spawn, give or take. My favorite biome awaited me upon landing too. Mini-Jungle because it provides me quicksand for sinker traps to make easy creeper slappin' and items float in it. And right under my landing beach I found a ravine/abandoned mineshaft complex full of delicious ore. :D

A few km away across a wasteland, I even discovered a nice village with a very attractive mountain for me to hollow out in due time. If the seed works at release, I'm set on the world I'll build in. :D