Living with a God-Mode Quarry

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
So I added a bunch of enchantments to my QuarryPlus. Silk Touch I, Efficiency V, Unbreaking III.

It's so fast and so beautiful, enough to bring a tear to the eye *sniff*.

It does, however, force one to make upgrades to one's transport and processing infrastructure.

I already had to add another itemduct exporting from my buffer chest in order to keep up with the amount of junk I need to send to the trashcan, two more pulverizers to deal with the coal ore I have coming in now.

My main issue as I see it though is automating the processing of Fortune III-able ores. Any ideas?

pderuiter

Jul 29, 2019
Vacuum hopper / ae transition plane, autonomous activator with fortune3 pick and block update detector?

Predatorkillol

Jul 29, 2019
there is the mfr block breaker that for power and mob essence can fortune any fortunable block or you could use a rotarycraft extractor to get 5x ore from any living ore under the sun

Reactions: Omegatron

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
So I added a bunch of enchantments to my QuarryPlus. Silk Touch I, Efficiency V, Unbreaking III.

It's so fast and so beautiful, enough to bring a tear to the eye *sniff*.

It does, however, force one to make upgrades to one's transport and processing infrastructure.

I already had to add another itemduct exporting from my buffer chest in order to keep up with the amount of junk I need to send to the trashcan, two more pulverizers to deal with the coal ore I have coming in now.

My main issue as I see it though is automating the processing of Fortune III-able ores. Any ideas?

maxed out rotarycraft extractor. note, this needs a large amout of power, which means going pretty deep into rotarycraft.
1 tick operations, 5x multiplication on things like iron. somewhat more on rare stuff. if the block naturally yields more (w/o fortune), the item the extractor gives will cook into multiple items as well. so redstone/lapis have something like a 20x multiplier (flakes cook into 4), certus quartz has 15x (flakes cook into 3 items which can be stuck in a crafting table to get quartz)
put two of these down, put a medium-large buffer on the input side, and make sure you can pipe stuff out fast enough

then a bunch of furnaces to turn that into something usable.
probably 8-12 induction furnaces or 6-10 lava smelteries.

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
AE Transition stuff can put a block in the world, then is just a matter of using a block update detector sending a redstone signal to a block breaker plus with a fortune 3 enchantment :)

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Sweet Moses, how are you feeding those? I don't wanna de-rail the thread, but I do kinda wanna know how you're managing that.
I had a world where I fed the same amount by an emerald upgraded MFR tree farm, it's not particularly hard, just have to upscale everything

Larmonade

Jul 29, 2019
I had a world where I fed the same amount by an emerald upgraded MFR tree farm, it's not particularly hard, just have to upscale everything

How many harvesters do you need? Do you fertilize that size of farm or what? I guess I've only ever used MFR for small-scale farming that multifarms couldn't do, so I'm not 100% on the logistics of such a monstrously huge tree farm :eek:

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
How many harvesters do you need? Do you fertilize that size of farm or what? I guess I've only ever used MFR for small-scale farming that multifarms couldn't do, so I'm not 100% on the logistics of such a monstrously huge tree farm :eek:
I think I had two harvesters, and one fertiliser
But honestly, with a farm like that, you start with one harvester + planter
Then you add a fertiliser if you need more output
Then more harvesters
and repeat until somehow you need to add more planters

EDIT: You figure out what you need to add with an eyeball test.
Look at your farm running, if there's lots of trees standing, you need more harvesters
If there's not many trees standing you need more fertiliser.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
200 square block area of saplings are farmed by 4 MFR harvesters with iron upgrade (+2). I also have my saplings set to Ultimate levels of sappiness. I would need approx 4x the current square blockage to support default settings. (800 square block area). MFR is easily scalable though.

Edit: No fertilizers. If you have a good cow farm, you can easily sustain it with less square blockage, but I prefer not having to rely on fertilizer, since the system is a lot more stable and engineerable.

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
Let's also not forget about reactors, both nuclear and fusion. (The reactorcraft one in particular is quite a nice little engineering challenge, with a large energy reward. A simple 3x3 core an easily produce around 160,000 RF/t)

But anyway, derails FTW!

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Two autonomous activators facing one another. One places the block, the other uses a fortune3 pick to break it.

null123

Mar 27, 2014
Step 1. Download dartcraft
Step 2. Enable dartcraft time torches working on machines l
Step 3. Place doen time torches fot 15 blocks in each direction from the quarry
Step 4. ???
Step 5. MEGA ULTRA SUPER ABSURDLY EXTREME PROFIT.

Reactions: PierceSG

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Step 1. Download dartcraft
Step 2. Enable dartcraft time torches working on machines l
Step 3. Place doen time torches fot 15 blocks in each direction from the quarry
Step 4. ???
Step 5. MEGA ULTRA SUPER ABSURDLY EXTREME PROFIT.
Time torches just increase the speed that a machine runs.. so increasing the speed by 4x, also increases the power draw by 4x