Little bit batsh*t MFR laser setup

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
So my first attempt just used an energy tesseract supplying power to the prechargers, and an item tess taking the mats from the drill. Pretty standard stuff.
2013-08-30_22.19.11.png

Then I added 4 more lasers. Using a liquid tesseract I took steam from my main base and fed it into a large AtomSci reactor turbine. To get the ores into the tess without items bouncing out (didn't want to use iron pipes) I made them connect to different sides of the tess,,,, only after did I realise this probably wasn't going to work...
2013-09-01_00.25.02.png

So then I decided I wanted to have onsite power... no more energy tesseracts. So I made a boiler and hooked it up to draw my sugar charcoal (which was at 1.1mil) from my AE system. The steam would then power some mini reactor turbines. 16, 1 for each precharger.
2013-09-01_23.17.45.png

This wasn't good enough I thought. I wanted MOAR!!! Soooo I kinda went a bit silly, built another 2 stacks of turbines, and now I have 16 of the big reactor turbines. Fun part is, they are all somehow still happy to draw from the 1 boiler which is keeping up fine with them. Maybe it's on reduced output, but seriously... you should see the speed in which these puppys generate ores for me :D
2013-09-02_00.00.49.png

The spoils are dumped into the chests which are then sucked out via Extra Utilities transfer nodes (with 19(the max) speed upgrades each) into a central chest, which is translocated into a tesseract that enters my AE system
2013-09-02_00.00.57.png

That's 136 turbines. That's expensive. That's so worth it :D

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Umm I never thought you could use those for free eu from direct steam! (who's need stupid rotors then?) I don't care if these things don't come out with good output as you don't need to replace rotors and eat 99 iron every 84 hours!

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
Umm I never thought you could use those for free eu from direct steam! (who's need stupid rotors then?) I don't care if these things don't come out with good output as you don't need to replace rotors and eat 99 iron every 84 hours!

they will output MinecraftJ/EU/MegaJ depending on what cable you attatch to it.

Reactions: Linda

Yldron

Jul 29, 2019
oh yes, that is exactly what i wanted to say. i love the way he symbolizes the auspiciousness in his build.

Reactions: Tylor

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
oh yes, that is exactly what i wanted to say. i love the way he symbolizes the auspiciousness in his build.

From memory the Nazi symbol originally meant something along the lines of balance between love life happiness and peace. Hitler took it on as his flag because that was what he was attempting to achieve, in completely the wrong manner of course, but that was his goal.

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
does it really matter what it used to be? it wasn't even that good, apparently if 2 or more entities try to go into a tesseract at the same time it spits it onto the floor, so my swastisystem sucked.

Reactions: AlanEsh

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
That symbol does not represent the buddhist symbol of peace actually: Its the other way around. What you made there is the nazi swastika ( if viewed from the correct perspective)

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
There is also a little bit about the bad version is always 45 degrees tilted, "diamond" sort of shape.

The respected Hindu one is far older and not tilted. There is also the direction of the points, the other way is a different symbol/meaning.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
There is also a little bit about the bad version is always 45 degrees tilted, "diamond" sort of shape.

The respected Hindu one is far older and not tilted. There is also the direction of the points, the other way is a different symbol/meaning.
Since the holocaust the swastika became the swastika. No one uses it as the Hindu symbol anymore. It's a swastika.

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
Tell that to the entirety of Hindu religon.

What is missed a lot is that is largely the western world's viewpoint but not those that already had been using it still do. Yes, it is a difficult thing to separate. Those of us in the western world still cannot dictate an ancient symbol's meaning where it is still widely used for entirely unrelated purposes. Nobody will ever touch that moustache again, but an ancient religious symbol can and has weathered the storm.

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
Since the holocaust the swastika became the swastika. No one uses it as the Hindu symbol anymore. It's a swastika.

In the buddhist temples here, the statue of the buddha still has that symbol above his chest. Its still being used.

A knife cannot be banned from use just because it could potentially be used to kill someone.

The same applies to this.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
In the buddhist temples here, the statue of the buddha still has that symbol above his chest. Its still being used.

A knife cannot be banned from use just because it could potentially be used to kill someone.

The same applies to this.
I kind of wrote what I was trying to say wrong.

What I was trying to say is that people usually tend to avoid using the symbol at all, to avoid people mistaking them for neo-nazis.

And BTW, switchblades are banned in the state I live in because they are slightly more intimidating than a hunting knife.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
I hear you guys are having a bit of an internal discussion about Nazi symbols. Perhaps a German can throw some light on this.

The symbol does not represent the Nazi movement, at least at first it didn't. The swastika was indeed taken from the western symbol of good luck but it was the reversed form of what we're more familiar with today. The symbol we know of started it's origination in the 20's by the Nazi Party who used the symbol for their ideal and "birthright" as the perfect Aryan race, they used it in it's untampered, unreserved form with the points facing anti-clockwise. When Hitler himself came into power in the early 30's, the symbol was reversed to face clockwise and it was rotated to sit on it's bottom point. This symbol is what we're all aware of today.

There are some cases of where the swastika was reversed earlier to when Hitler came into power. However it didn't "catch on" fully until then.

With that said I think it's time the subject was dropped. Don't you think?

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
I personally would lay out the pipes in an H pattern to save on resources.
whats the max power input on the lasers?

Reactions: Succubism

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think there is a max. If there is, most people don't build power infrastructure powerful enough to feed that thing on top of the rest of their base. :p

Flippy flopping between continuing 1.5 or just waiting out the rest of the 1.6 updates. Definitely need to build myself one. :)