Liquid vs solid boiler

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

zaekeon

Jul 29, 2019
What's your opinion? I finally got my solids up and workig from a Steve's cart tree
Farm, but I'm not sure how the liquid one works now with producing biofuel from saplings and apples.

Can you pump biofuel in with a liquidity from
A tank? What are the challenges with automating the biomass/biofuel production? Is a wheat farm required for mulch? A simple overview of a working design would
Be helpful and your opinion on it vs the solid fueled

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Heh.

I just got myself into that mess.

You can and probably should use both.

Insofar I only got to producing a LOT of bio-fuel, but I've got told that my setup could fuel over 40 liquid boilers. Errrrr. Let me just link you to what's relevant: here is where I started playing with the carts and stuff. It get pretty interesting after that.

There's some conflicting info, so I advise you to read the whole thread.

vineet

Jul 29, 2019
So far liquid is the best since fuel gives 900,000 mj in about five minutes, so that is really good. There is not many good easy solid fuel sources ( blaze rods were nerfed ) if you make a tree farm, for biofuel (which gives you about 600,000 mj) then your wood can help you supply a solid fueled boiler with a liquid one. Hope this helps! :)

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Should i be making a wheat farm for mulch or will the much from apples be enough?

If you are doing any farming at all, you will likely get loads of apitite, which can be used to make fertilizer. That aside, I'd suggest having at least one wheat farm on stand by in case you need it to keep your setup going as a boiler takes a LOT of fuel to get up to full heat, and so getting it back there is NOT cost effective.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Eh, on stand-by he says. What else you gonna use the wheat for, eh?

I've got a tiny little golem farm, 15x15 or so. Mostly for the aesthetics of it. What my 4 moisteners can eat goes into those, rest gets eaten by the cows.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Eh, on stand-by he says. What else you gonna use the wheat for, eh?

Personally, I use my wheat farm for having a full barrel of wheat. I used to eat bread, but now I'm eating steak as mooshrooms keep wandering into my line of sight whilst I'm in my mushroom island age. A deadly and delicious mistake.

I've got a tiny little golem farm, 15x15 or so. Mostly for the aesthetics of it. What my 4 moisteners can eat goes into those, rest gets eaten by the cows.

I've got a 9x9 farm, and they filled up a gold chest in about half a day. It was fairly impressive! The cocoabean farm was even faster on its golden chest.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Personally, I use my wheat farm for having a full barrel of wheat. I used to eat bread, but now I'm eating steak as mooshrooms keep wandering into my line of sight whilst I'm in my mushroom island age. A deadly and delicious mistake.

I've got a 9x9 farm, and they filled up a gold chest in about half a day. It was fairly impressive! The cocoabean farm was even faster on its golden chest.
Yeah, turns out mine's 9x9 as well, couldn't check as my world had a bit of a corruption issue at the moment.

Did you know that InvEdit was discontinued?

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, turns out mine's 9x9 as well, couldn't check as my world had a bit of a corruption issue at the moment.

Did you know that InvEdit was discontinued?

Ah, no, I did not. Didn't MCEdit get dropped for a while, as well? At least now it is open source.