Windows .jar Linux: FTB Modpacks Crash on load up

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
So just recently every time I try to load up any type of mod pack in the newest version of the ftb launcher. It constantly crashes with the same error on every mod pack.

http://pastebin.com/PY7Bs1Tk

I am running Linux Ubuntu 13.04 and it was working before only until recently. Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
It looks like you're not using the JDK (which I think you should be)

Code:
[17:37:16] [INFO] LaunchFrame.main:166: Java version: 1.7.0_21
[17:37:16] [INFO] LaunchFrame.main:167: Java vendor: Oracle Corporation
[17:37:16] [INFO] LaunchFrame.main:168: Java home: /usr/lib/jvm/java-7-oracle/jre
[17:37:16] [INFO] LaunchFrame.main:169: Java specification: Java Virtual Machine Specification version: 1.7 by Oracle Corporation
[17:37:16] [INFO] LaunchFrame.main:171: Java vm: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM version: 23.21-b01 by Oracle Corporation

southernfriedbb

Jul 29, 2019
It looks like you're not using the JDK (which I think you should be)

Code:
[17:37:16] [INFO] LaunchFrame.main:166: Java version: 1.7.0_21
[17:37:16] [INFO] LaunchFrame.main:167: Java vendor: Oracle Corporation
[17:37:16] [INFO] LaunchFrame.main:168: Java home: /usr/lib/jvm/java-7-oracle/jre
[17:37:16] [INFO] LaunchFrame.main:169: Java specification: Java Virtual Machine Specification version: 1.7 by Oracle Corporation
[17:37:16] [INFO] LaunchFrame.main:171: Java vm: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM version: 23.21-b01 by Oracle Corporation
Hmm... he shouldn't need the JDK just the JRE. The launcher seems to be running fine, which would indicate that Java is indeed installed correctly (Although, if I remember correctly Ubuntu by default installs the OpenJDK version, not the Oracle version. So there may be a version conflict).
So just recently every time I try to load up any type of mod pack in the newest version of the ftb launcher. It constantly crashes with the same error on every mod pack.

http://pastebin.com/PY7Bs1Tk

I am running Linux Ubuntu 13.04 and it was working before only until recently. Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Couple of questions:
Did you upgrade your system from 12.04/12.10 or is it a fresh install?
Can you still run Vanilla MC without problem?

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
(Although, if I remember correctly Ubuntu by default installs the OpenJDK version, not the Oracle version. So there may be a version conflict).
That's more of what I was getting at. I'm trying to understand more about linux, since right now it's outside of my comfort zone, and I have almost no knowledge about it

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
I can run vanilla Mincraft fine and I have had ubuntu 13.04 a mouth or so now. I will try un-installing one.

southernfriedbb

Jul 29, 2019
I can run vanilla Mincraft fine and I have had ubuntu 13.04 a mouth or so now. I will try un-installing one.
You can try if you want, but I'm not sure that's what the problem is. Mostly I was checking if, your minecraft broke when you updated to 13.04 (As I am still on 12.10, it was a concern for me;))
The fact that you can run vanilla MC is a good sign, it makes me believe that the error is FTB related, rather than java related.

The crash seems to occur after nei does it's class overwrite. Can you try disabling nei, re-running the launcher and posting any logs?

That's more of what I was getting at. I'm trying to understand more about linux, since right now it's outside of my comfort zone, and I have almost no knowledge about it

It's worth the effort to learn, I've had it installed on all my pc's since 1998, so I'm fairly comfortable with it. I finally went Linux only about 6 months ago when my vista install died, to be honest I haven't missed much. If your interested, pm me and I can send you some information on getting a test environment setup so you can learn more about it.

EDIT:
I just noticed something. It can't find your natives

Code:
2013-05-16 17:37:37 [INFO] [STDERR] Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /home/sean/Desktop/Minecraft/FTB/Direwolf20/minecraft/bin/natives/liblwjgl.so: libjawt.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

can you go to that directory and tell me what you see there.

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
Disabled NEI, checked the natives all there, to make sure they were not a problem. I deleted them and put the latest linux version in there. Same error, FTB was working before. It's only till recently and I have no clue what could have caused it.

southernfriedbb

Jul 29, 2019
Disabled NEI, checked the natives all there, to make sure they were not a problem. I deleted them and put the latest linux version in there. Same error, FTB was working before. It's only till recently and I have no clue what could have caused it.
I might have to put you off for a couple of hours until I can access my home computer. And are the files in that directory .dlls or .so files?

Also, how are you at using a command prompt?

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
The files are the .so type, they came from the linux native folder in the LWGJL.zip

I am using the FTB.jar launcher and not though terminal.

southernfriedbb

Jul 29, 2019
I am using the FTB.jar launcher and not though terminal.

I understand, I just want to know, how comfortable you are entering commands at a terminal window? I may need you to run something at the command prompt and I just want to know how explicit my directions will need to be.

Questions:
1. Did you update your LWGJL? If so what version did you use?

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, right. No, I'm fine with using the terminal to do things. That's the main way to install most programs I use soooo. Also the LWGJL version I used is 2.90.

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
Fixed it. The Bin .jars seemed to have downloaded wrong. Anyway I replaced them now and all's good.

Thanks for the help, it is extremely appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.