Linking book help

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

eculc

Jul 29, 2019
There's a block included in mystcraft (I believe it's called the Linkbook enhancer, or something along those lines) that allows you to use linking books within the age they link to and allows you to make them follow you. IIRC It's pretty expensive though, so you might want to save up some materials for it.

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
You can use a link modifier to modify linking books and descriptive books to be "following" which means they stay in your inventory when you use them, and "intra-linking" meaning it can be used in the same world that it was created in. The block is expensive requiring 8 diamond blocks and a gold block to craft it.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
It's basically intended to be "not an easy thing to get", with the current method acting as a placeholder. Similar to most of the symbols, etc.

And, similar to most of the symbols, many servers will creative a communal linkbook modifier, thereby breaking the balance aspects of the game. Mystcraft isn't broken, but it's not done yet. Not by a long way.

On the other hand, it does allow us do to things that no other mod does (2-way travel to the End, unseful portals between dimensions, dimensions custom built for specific purposes, like being ripped up by quarries, and mob traps).

Aaron A. Anderson

Jul 29, 2019
No to mention being able to create nifty portal nexus'. I made a skyscraper of portals that I tried to model off of Monsters, Inc movie.

Reactions: Jeza