Learning AE2 n hav'n Fun!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
L

Lady_K7332

First off, I am a complete newbie when it comes to this mod, been playing around with it, and still not getting it to work. Would love to since watching some of the vids and seen a few screenshots of it working though. Thermal expansion installed along with it also and Buildcraft. Here's a link to the current setup.

K3YUXZt.png

L

Lady_K7332

My apologies for the giant screenshot, forgot to downsize it some rofl.

L

Lady_K7332

Well, I do believe I had an appifany while at work about what I am missing, for one buses for import and exportation of items. I think I'll keep a log of what I figure out and possibly post is as a long and extensive guide ^_^ I'm sure all will benefit that are having a fun time with this ADV mod.

L

Lady_K7332

K got a working setup, tonite I'll put some more automation into it tho. I'll post some screens and explanations.

Last edited:
L

Lady_K7332

Break down for Thermal Machine Setup
Here we go, so like normal an ME Interface hold the recipes from what I have set as INPUT on the bottom of the Thermal Furnace and the IMPORT bus is set to the output point on the furnace, common mixup I end up with is thinking of the import/export bus as coming from the machine rather than their nature compared to the ME network. Import/Export buses ALWAYS refer to their nature compared to the ME network. Something to keep in mind. I've got this connected VIA p2p tunnel just because I felt like playing with it some.

x80tcMG.jpg

Furthermore
Also, if you just want the furnaces to just process what's in your network, you can also change the MEI with a filtered Export Bus, it'll basically slowly pluck away at smelting whatever is filtered inside the Buses. This goes for ANY machine setup you want to be sit and forget. If you use the induction furnaces though be sure to set it as an MEI w/ pattern for the otherwise the increased yield is wasted if you run out of sand to increase it :3

Input Appeciated
Input is greatly appreciated on any topic on this subject, just be constructive please.

Last edited:
L

Lady_K7332

I'll work on a kind of collage with text and more info for things I've been finding out, hope it's helpful.

After I get this figured out, I think I'll move onto OC and see what kind of interactions I can come up with ^_^

Last edited:

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
If you have a large chain of furnaces or other automated items, you can save yourself a fair bit of time making buses by piping into an interface. Then you only need the one interface to import into the network, instead of a bunch of buses pulling from individual machines.

L

Lady_K7332

Export line to furnace pipes then import line comeing from furnaces with 1 way pip ^_^ maybe at the end put a loop so items don't end up being spat out? o_O

L

Lady_K7332

Cable Anchors - A multipart component that can creat a pathway between machines and even wires which keeps them seperate from them their neighbors, nifty little bit there I see.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Personally, I always use export buses to feed furnaces, just because they can't over flow. The only way outputs would overflow is if you've got no storage, but if you've got income, you shouldn't have a problem with expanding storage.

L

Lady_K7332

I love the idea, actually implemented it as well ty "King" thanks for the info.
It really reduces the number of needed channels from the four import buses to just the one being used on the buffer chest XD. Gotta save dem channels!

oByjzTa.jpg

L

Lady_K7332

Food for though!
If running a quarry an excellent idea would be to attach ender chest as the primary point of entry and an ender chest hooked up in base with an import bust attached to it. That way you can run it without much need for tubes and what not, that and without a tesseract further reducing some of the energy drain, I'm going to try it out with my next set of quarries and I'll be sure to set a filter into a dsu with item bust attached to network.

Last edited:
L

Lady_K7332

I know it's been a while since I posted!

AE2 + Thermal Expansion
So I have been playing around with a few things and have been enjoying it quite a bit. Decided to move things into the sky :3 yay for flight rings!

Now that I have that off my mind, I'll go over what I have setup o.- so. First off in the middle we have a grouping of controllers, amazing enough, you can do quite a bit off from just 1 so I am having a fun time planning what to do with the others O_O. On the left side we have a grouping of TE machines setup with both a glowstone item duct and ME Controllers with recipes for just about what I need at this time. On the far right side we have a mass of crafting Processors if I just start crafting like a nut case. Mind you below this we have a mass of ME Assemblers and ME Interface Blocks for mass fabrication. Now on the mini-map your prolly wondering what the stuff on the ground is, well it's my former home about to be torn down and brought uptop :p I will admit I abuse TeNNox's Bacteria mod quite a bit also XD dirt turns into any block and then you just run a BC quarry with ME Import on the chest lol. Still trying to think up how to abuse my little setup there.

50jgR2b.jpg

Assembler Mass
dTMXdgi.jpg

Now to laugh!
What makes this really funny, is that's only from 3 faces of a controller O_O

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

L

Lady_K7332

One more thing I would like to add I noticed, your screens color based on the ME Terminal, changes color based on the cable they are connected to! Went from purple(Fluix) to white cables and the monitor color changed XD I love it. Might have to go from sky stone to quartz for my bases material T_T... all hail tennox for the job...

L

Lady_K7332

Ty will look into it, I use the warp book mod for stuff like that :3

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Looks good.

If I were to nitpick though, Molecular assembly chambers can be shared by interfaces, so an interlocking grid of interfaces and MACs is potentially more efficient than having your Interfaces adjacent to each other.

It's a minor change, but it can be more efficient if the interfaces in question have recipes you frequently order large runs of :)

L

Lady_K7332

Well darn, there went some more channels, TY for the reminder! *marches to terminal to start making MORE and MORE* :D

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
There are two ways to do things like that. High capacity, and high speed.

High capacity, is a single MAC, surrounded by interfaces. That's 45 patterns on a single MAC.

High speed, is a single interface, connected to five MAC's, which is only 9 patterns, but one you can very quickly craft. So if you need say large quantities of planks, instead of waiting for a single MAC to complete each previous pattern, you can have five of them working. So you get 20 planks in a single operation, instead of 5 individual operations.

Reactions: gohthecrow
L

Lady_K7332

Hmmmm as for wood specifically I just have output and import busses setup against some sawmills with a speed card and expansion cards with my wood types for the farm I have setup T_T it's just there lol