Windows .exe Launcher Opens, but Won't Run Minecraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonely_cube

Jul 29, 2019
FTB Launcher version: v1.0.5
Minecraft Version: 1.4.2
Java version: 6 and 7
Detailed description of the issue / how can the issue be recreated: When I run the launcher, it opens. The Modpacks and Maps tabs both say "Please wait while [mods/maps] are being loaded." instead of the list of modpacks and list of maps. I've tried launching Minecraft anyways, just to see what would happen, and nothing happens at all. No new window opens, and the launcher doesn't freeze or anything. This isn't the first problem I've had with the launcher, and I've never gotten it to properly load with all the mods, but this is currently what it's doing.
Error logs: http://pastebin.com/iXAnVMDR

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Have you tried a clean reinstall of the launcher and Java? And you shouldn't have Java 6.
Save your saves!

lonely_cube

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you! Unfortunately, I just tried all of those things and none of them worked. Well, actually I can't seem to uninstall the older Java versions for some reason. It says I need a dll, but not what it's called, so I'm not sure what's going on.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Did you go into your programs and features and try it?
Can you use the repair feature in P&F? Try repairing then uninstalling.

lonely_cube

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, that's where I was trying it from before. The repair option doesn't appear when I click on it.
As a side note, I can't get vanilla Minecraft to load properly either now. It starts updating (even if I say I don't want to update) and then freezes when the bar is nearly at the end. I don't know if it's related or not.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have any logs I can look at? I'm shutting my computer down for the night, so I would much appreciate them being on pastebin, so I can check from my phone.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, wasn't linking properly for me before (on the phone)
I'll check it out, might take a bit for a response though.

Punny Bunny

Jul 29, 2019
I believe Meldiron was just seeing if it was an access issue.

Having Java 6 and 7 is likely the culprit here. What happens when you try to uninstall Java 6, again? It asks for a .dll for the uninstall?

lonely_cube

Jul 29, 2019
Yes. It says this:
"Error 1723. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."
I guess they're saying I should contact Java. Is that what I should do?

lonely_cube

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately, no. It basically just tells me to uninstall and re-install Java, but that's exactly what I'm having trouble doing. Thank you, though, all of you.

Punny Bunny

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I figured that cycle would happen. Their installer package (as with most) is linked to uninstall as well. Sad.

Give this a whirl to uninstall ALL Java programs (then install only 7 32/64-bit, whichever you have).

lonely_cube

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks! Unfortunately, that program doesn't seem to recognize two of the Java versions I had on my computer (turns out there were actually four of them, 3 different updates to 6 and one version of 7). Now, when I try to run the launcher, it says Java is missing (which I guess proves that it was trying to use version 6, since the only versions I got rid of were version 6). Reinstalling the latest version hasn't done anything productive either.

Punny Bunny

Jul 29, 2019
Random idea: Download the .jar of the launcher, right click it, and select "Open With:". Navigate to your Java 7 folder (mine's in C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin) and selected java.exe. See if the launcher runs when it's told which executable to latch onto.

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
Just to see if this is a java spesific problem, could you try to uninstall some other programs just to see if that work? Just see if you find any you don't want/need anyway :p
Suspecting that this might be a more serious problem with your windows installation, or possibly that the older javas were deleted manualy.

Punny Bunny: Yeah, i were looking for an access issue for the files on creeperhost.net. It seems some people are unable to download files from there.
It will start just fine and then suddenly stop half done for no reason whatsoever as deskribed in several threads (such as this).
The only thing they seem to have in common is a slow connection. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks! Unfortunately, that program doesn't seem to recognize two of the Java versions I had on my computer (turns out there were actually four of them, 3 different updates to 6 and one version of 7). Now, when I try to run the launcher, it says Java is missing (which I guess proves that it was trying to use version 6, since the only versions I got rid of were version 6). Reinstalling the latest version hasn't done anything productive either.
Sorry I didn't get back to you quickly!

Did you try repairing Java and then uninstalling it?
I don't know of any other ways to get rid of Java that haven't already been provided.

Status
Not open for further replies.