Launcher not opening

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheesePopper101

Jul 29, 2019
I go to to download the .exe launcher, and i click to open it, but it doesn't open.
Is there anything I need to have or do?

RocK

Jul 29, 2019
I have the same problem, i uninstalled all the stuff, including Java, the original minecraft folder, the FTB folder... After that i installed java and dowload & doble clicked the launcher icon, but it don't work... :(

*** I solved this with the help of an anonymous user here: http://support.feed-the-beast.com/?qa=4320/when-i-click-ftb_launcher-nothing-happens ****

anonymous said:
Hi,

I had the same issue as a lot of people the you would launch the FTB exe and nothing would happen, in the task manager java would open and close again.

I ran the .jar version of FTB in CMD and found it couldn't find the locale folder.

The local folder should be located:

Win7/8/Vista
C:\Users\<Username>\Appdata\Roaming\ftblauncher

XP (I have not checked this as I dont run XP, have a hunt for it)
C:\Documents and Settings\<Username>\Local Settings\ftblauncher

Anyway for may solution I found just a .zip called locales.zip in this folder, I simply unzipped this to locales and then removed the "s" from the "locales" folder so it was now "locale" (and then run the launcher).

After this all was well :)

Reactions: CheesePopper101

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Another user with the same problem, another here, here, possibly here, , I'll link as many of them as I find to this post.
I've noticed many people having this problem with the 1.1.6 update.
If the above fix is working, great!
However, this issue seems to be rather randomized to who it effects, and might need the attention of some launcher devs to figure it out. (I can't figure it out, there doesn't seem to be a common denominator)

lyndseyddy

Jul 29, 2019
I am on Windows XP and was encountering this problem as well.
The directory I needed to navigate to was C:\Documents and Settings\[myname]\Application Data\ftblauncher
From this path i created a subfolder named locale
I then opened C:\Documents and Settings\[myname]\Application Data\ftblauncher\locales.zip and copied all the files to the folder C:\Documents and Settings\[myname]\Application Data\ftblauncher\locale
The the launcher worked for the first time ever.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I'll ask that anyone else encountering this problem could please post a link to their support thread here, or in one place (and this thread on any support requests that are found, since the solution is here).
The more consolidated the problem reports, hopefully the easier it will be for the launcher team to pinpoint the problem. (Yes, they know about it, and are working on it ;) )

bgh251f2

Jul 29, 2019
we pushed a build yesterday that should fix this issue
Is it already online? Because I update my launcher today(on kubuntu 12.10, java 7) and it's not working at all!
Edit: Sory I already got the fix, I just needed to update java to java 8...

bgh251f2

Jul 29, 2019
No there are Linux, Windows, MAC, Solaris and Solaris SPARC version of java, and if you look on the link on the left is the JRE(for running applications) and on the right is the JDK, but take care because it's beta software.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Um, why not just download Java 7 from oracle? Minecraft hasn't been written to be compatible with java 8, let alone the launcher.

I think you're just asking from problems running the launcher with a beta java

bgh251f2

Jul 29, 2019
The problem with the launcher not opening was happening on java 7, so i just went up to see if it worked and it did.

iWantcoal

Jul 29, 2019
Launcher won't open if you have internet issues, too... Took me a while to figure it out, they should fix it soon.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Launcher won't open if you have internet issues, too... Took me a while to figure it out, they should fix it soon.
This issue was fixed a few updates ago I believe. Currently there seems to be either a new issue with the launcher connecting to creeperhost or an issue with creeperhost allowing the download.

fizzbin

Jul 29, 2019
My problem was environment variables carelessly added by another programs installer. I deleted any that mentioned Java and mentioned third party components. Works good now.

Status
Not open for further replies.