Launcher is a pain on 2 screens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnacceptableUse

Jul 29, 2019
Whenever I launch the launcher, it is on screen 1, I move it over to screen 2 and click login and it moves back to screen 1. No big deal, I'll just move it back. It does the fancy FTB screen and then it goes back to screen 1 again. Slightly frustrating, but I can live with it. The problem is now that minecraft remembers the size of the minecraft window it makes the window really big but not maximized. I can't change it or move it around either until I click minecraft enough that it stops responding.

DaemosDaen

Jul 29, 2019
you have set the "maximized" setting (or pressed f11 while in minecraft) which will force minecraft to be open on the primary display as set by windows. You want to open the launcher and move it to the other window, then close it, Windows will then remember that's where you want it to go closing any other window will not count.

Not only is this a windows issue, it also belongs in the troubleshooting section I believe.

Belone

Jul 29, 2019
As Daemos said this is definitely more of a Windows issue (almost all applications suffer from this problem). A quick little workaround maybe to right-click the FTB Client on the Taskbar (On Win7 and above you may have hover of the icon on the taskbar to get the preview window to appear then right-click the preview window) and select move, then use your arrow keys to move the window to a position where you can resize it.

UnacceptableUse

Jul 29, 2019
you have set the "maximized" setting (or pressed f11 while in minecraft) which will force minecraft to be open on the primary display as set by windows. You want to open the launcher and move it to the other window, then close it, Windows will then remember that's where you want it to go closing any other window will not count.

Not only is this a windows issue, it also belongs in the troubleshooting section I believe.
If I open the launcher and move it to the other screen then close it, when I reopen it goes back to the first screen.

Belone

Jul 29, 2019
If I open the launcher and move it to the other screen then close it, when I reopen it goes back to the first screen.
I'm pretty sure this is the default behaviour of Windows, do you have the same thing happen with other applications? I know a few applications let you set the window monitor they show in (off the top of my head I know WoW has this functionality), but the majority don't. You could try changing the primary display in your display settings of Windows.

UnacceptableUse

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure this is the default behaviour of Windows, do you have the same thing happen with other applications? I know a few applications let you set the window monitor they show in (off the top of my head I know WoW has this functionality), but the majority don't. You could try changing the primary display in your display settings of Windows.
As far as I have seen, this does not happen with most other programs. I tested MultiMC, Minecraft vanilla and google chrome. I cannot recall any other times it has happened either apart from with tekkit.

SaintNicster

Jul 29, 2019
The launcher itself doesn't remember its position and size, only the window that minecraft is launched in. The console isn't remembered, either.

I just tried this on my multi-monitor system (primary on the left, secondary on the right), it worked as expected. I open the launcher, shows in the left(primary) screen. Open a pack, and the MC window moves to the last position. If I move the MC window to the secondary monitor, and resize it, the coords and others are changed. If I close the window (which doesn't reopen the launcher in my settings), reopen the launcher, and then go to the Advanced Options pane of the Options tab, I can see the new information. Window position shows at 1592 (which is bigger than my primary monitor. Once I launch the game again, it shows up in that same place as before.

What is your monitor setup? Which version (not just 'latest') of the launcher are you running? What are your OS and Java details?

UnacceptableUse

Jul 29, 2019
The launcher itself doesn't remember its position and size, only the window that minecraft is launched in. The console isn't remembered, either.

I just tried this on my multi-monitor system (primary on the left, secondary on the right), it worked as expected. I open the launcher, shows in the left(primary) screen. Open a pack, and the MC window moves to the last position. If I move the MC window to the secondary monitor, and resize it, the coords and others are changed. If I close the window (which doesn't reopen the launcher in my settings), reopen the launcher, and then go to the Advanced Options pane of the Options tab, I can see the new information. Window position shows at 1592 (which is bigger than my primary monitor. Once I launch the game again, it shows up in that same place as before.

What is your monitor setup? Which version (not just 'latest') of the launcher are you running? What are your OS and Java details?

Launcher version 1.2.2
Windows 7
Java 7 Update 9 32bit
I have 2 monitors, set up horizontally. I can't think of any other information about my screens you might need to know...

I tried what you said, I opened minecraft through the launcher and moved it to the other screen then closed it. When I reopened it didn't go on the screen I moved it to.

Status
Not open for further replies.