Laser Won't Power Assembly Table

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
Hey all!
I did some searching but didn't find any discussion of this problem. I'm a convert from Tekkit, and I find I -really- miss my microblocks mod. So I decide Facades are the replacement and I set up my Assembly Table.
Then I find it needs a Laser, so I build a Laser!
Then I find the laser (not unexpectedly) needs power, so I put Redstone engines on it.
This doesn't work so I search The Google and find the laser needs 4MU of power... 4x Sterling Engines it is!
Four Stirling Engines later, zero power is flowing from the engines into the Laser. The engines are just holding the power, not transferring it to the Laser.
More reading ... AHAH! USE WOODEN CONDUCTIVE PIPES!
Nope.

So, throw me a bone here guys, what am I missing? Gregtech's documentation is horrible, from what I can find.

As an aside; is there a place on this web site that has links to the most up-to-date and helpful WIKI pages for each Mod? I'm having trouble finding helpful wikis/docs for these mods. This was a huge benefit of Tekkit -- their combined wiki was quite nice for most needs.[DOUBLEPOST=1355349461][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh, and yes, after the fact I figure out that Facades are not what I think they are :D

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure you can put engines directly on the laser you may need to use wooden > gold conductive piping or redstone energy conduit. Also make sure your laser is within 4 spaces of the table.

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah my table is close enough to the Laser.

All of the example setups I've seen show engines connected directly to the Laser with no pipes at all.

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
I assume you know you have to put your ingredients in the work area of the assembly table before it starts doing anything?

Try one more Stirling Engine. You might be losing a wee bit of power through the pipes or elsewhere, causing you to fall under the 4MJ lower limit.

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I had the ingredients in the table and it showed an output item (facade).
I'll add one more engine and see what that does. Thanks!

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
Bleh, I took down the server, put it back up, broke down my table and laser setup, put it back together, and it works. So... thanks! :p