Large Portable Bag?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

FTB_Time

Jul 29, 2019
Is their a large portable bag which I can use to carry around items...

I am using direwolf20 1.6.

I am aware of golden bag of holding - which isn't large enough for its purpose...
TE Strongboxes although they need to be placed which is a hassle.
and Bottomless bag although I dislike the bottomless bag as inventory tweaks doesn't work in it??

Any suggestions anyone..

Mysticmage11

Jul 29, 2019
Bottomless Pouch is the largest portable inventory, and the most expensive.
I suggest making a couple of Golden Bags of Holding. They're pretty cheap and hold alot.
Woven Forestry Packs may also be an option.

FTB_Time

Jul 29, 2019
Bottomless Pouch is the largest portable inventory, and the most expensive.
I suggest making a couple of Golden Bags of Holding. They're pretty cheap and hold alot.
Woven Forestry Packs may also be an option.
Is there any way I can get inventory tweaks to work with bottom pouch?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I second the Forestry backpacks for any kind of mining/digging/building excursions where you would need to carry large amounts of items. Their auto sucking up stuff and resupply mode is really handy.

Also make sure you make the TiCo Knapsack and equip it in the O inventory menu. This will give you access to a new tab for storing items.

Also set up a sorting system and connect a Enderchest to it. Create an Enderpouch and link it to the chest so you can deposit items to your sorting system back home from any location.
Make another Enderpouch and keep all your tools in it to avoid loosing them all to "death by lava" etc.

With these I never really feel the need for more bagspace.

Reactions: Padfoote

Mysticmage11

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way I can get inventory tweaks to work with bottom pouch?
Nope. And the Bottomless Pouch is only accessible via Thaumic Tinkerer KAMI, which is extremley end-game and requires ALL research in the Thauminomicon, including the hidden ones.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
golden bag of holding can hold golden bag of holding...infinite inventory xd

oh and like said above, woven forestry bag is 45 spot...

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
oh and like said above, woven forestry bag is 45 spot...
Even the standard ones(15 slots) are very handy if you are not the bee keeping sort. Although it requires no breeding or anything to get the woven ones, just collecting some Tropical bees, sticking them in a hive of some sort, centrifuging the combs etc.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Even the standard ones(15 slots) are very handy if you are not the bee keeping sort. Although it requires no breeding or anything to get the woven ones, just collecting some Tropical bees, sticking them in a hive of some sort, centrifuging the combs etc.
get poison
skellie pops out
anddddddd you are dead

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
get poison
skellie pops out
anddddddd you are dead
The bit of damage they do is quite tolerable as long as you dont spend long periods of time next to them. They dont actually give you the poison debuff anymore (I think), they just do random 0.5 damage to you when nearby. Just automate an apiary with some pipes leading the produce of to a chest/whatever 5+ blocks away and you will never need to go near after you initially start them.

Zaflis

Jul 29, 2019
You can actually place empty/full golden bags inside golden bags, making near infinite storage space... (as madnewmy said before) But i'm curious on what you would need it for? When i go to mining trip, i send everything to base with ender pouch. I can have barrels, ME drives and all that storing the items directly. Ender pouch can also be used in other direction, sending for example bricks if you are building something. Better than ender pouch is only Player interface used with rationing pipes and transfer nodes, but Direwolf pack doesn't have RandomThings mod by default.

FTB_Time

Jul 29, 2019
You can actually place empty/full golden bags inside golden bags, making near infinite storage space... (as madnewmy said before) But i'm curious on what you would need it for? When i go to mining trip, i send everything to base with ender pouch. I can have barrels, ME drives and all that storing the items directly. Ender pouch can also be used in other direction, sending for example bricks if you are building something. Better than ender pouch is only Player interface used with rationing pipes and transfer nodes, but Direwolf pack doesn't have RandomThings mod by default.
I like to keep all my useful tools/items with me at all times - and there are getting a lot of items:D

These include - buckets of water, the unstable ingot tools, thaumcraft 4 robes and wand foci and tool (Sword of Xephyr etc), itemduct/fluiduct/conduits to use on the move, torches etc etc etc

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I like to keep all my useful tools/items with me at all times - and there are getting a lot of items:D

These include - buckets of water, the unstable ingot tools, thaumcraft 4 robes and wand foci and tool (Sword of Xephyr etc), itemduct/fluiduct/conduits to use on the move, torches etc etc etc
Most definitely Enderpouch then and use LP(or similar) to restock consumables etc.

I have to keep it tidy, but I can get by with my 54 slot Enderpouch for tools etc. even at late endgame.

FTB_Time

Jul 29, 2019
Most definitely Enderpouch then and use LP(or similar) to restock consumables etc.

I have to keep it tidy, but I can get by with my 54 slot Enderpouch for tools etc. even at late endgame.
54 slot?!?!

Mine only have 27 :(

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
54 slot?!?!

Mine only have 27 :(
Ahh that is because Monster uses a different config I suppose. The size of enderchests(and thereby enderpouches) can be changed in the Enderstorage config.

#The size of each inventory of EnderStorage. 0 = 3x3, 1 = 3x9, 2 = 6x9
item.storage-size=2

Can also just have an enderpouch for consumables etc. getting restocked and when not using it put it into your tool enderpouch. Saves some space in your main tool enderpouch.

Last edited:

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
I understand, I use to keep golden bad of holding full of different item :p
silky book, fluiduct, power lines, item duct, etc...

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I like my enderpouch. I stick ores in it as I find them while exploring and when I get back to base Colin has helpfully put them through the extractor and ultimate smelting factory for me.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
if I have several bags of holdings on me I often rename them in the anvil.
I really hoped tema would've made it so you'd be able to dye the bags of holding by now, but sadly that hasn't happened yet :(

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Has anybody tried the "reincarnating" feature of those golden bags? I'm probably not going to use it, as I just stick my ender pouches inside other ender pouches so I only ever have one that I carry around at all times, inside which I store my items and other ender pouches. That way, if I ever do die, I only lose one ender pouch, which is easily replaceable. Also one could use something like a soul binding shard if necessary.
Anywho, the reason I'm using ender pouches is because the items aren't really anywhere, but they can be accessed from anywhere, so they can never be lost - as long as you don't lose the color combo. Bags or backpacks could be dropped and lost on death etc.