Lan Playing- Offline option?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

L0neGamer

Jul 29, 2019
So, my brother wants to play FTB with me, but he can't as he has no account. We would use this on a LAN server. Is there any way for him to play as 'Player'? I'd just download the pack beforehand...

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, there are ways to do it, but it is illegal to do that which means (I'm fairly sure, someone feel free to correct me if otherwise) it cannot be discussed here. You should have your brother buy an account, as it is worth 27$ ten times over to have a legal MineCraft account so you can join any open server, and the like.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
And let's not even get into "when was the last time you bought a game that cheap which you then played for years"

Oh wait, I get it, you want to play it with your brother, so that he buys it.

Yeah that blows, sorry that we can't help you.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
And let's not even get into "when was the last time you bought a game that cheap which you then played for years"

Oh wait, I get it, you want to play it with your brother, so that he buys it.

Yeah that blows, sorry that we can't help you.

Yeah, although MineCraft does now have a trial option, but I'm sure that won't work for multiplayer.

So the only way is to buy it?
Thanks everyone, and have a nice day/evenning/night/play.

No worries, mate. Oh, a thought: Bet your brother that he'll love the game if he gives it a week, and if he doesn't, you pay him back. If he DOESN'T love MineCraft (make sure to play some vanilla with him to show him how things go normally) and FTB, then I would suggest getting a new brother as you have a defective one!

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
He plays minecraft already, but its offline. I update it for him, and then he plays...

So he already knows how awesome MineCraft is, but he won't buy a copy? That is too bad, as that means he won't be able to play FTB with you. Ah well, best of luck!

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
As in, he can't buy a copy.

Can't, or won't? For example, if you are in the US, a lot of places are selling "MineCraft Gift Cards" (https://minecraft.net/prepaid), and you can always have someone assisting you with getting a gift card such as a parent, older friend, and the like.

If he does not have the money, that I can understand. But I also remember being twelve, and begging everyone I could find to cut lawns, finding and saving bottles and cans, and pretty much doing the most absurd small tasks to get enough money to buy a GameBoy so I could play Pokémon. Of course, I didn't make more than forty dollars (in 90's money, that's, what, a billion now right? Hah) before Christmas/my birthday rolled around and my mother bought me one as well as Pokémon Red which had someone else's saved game on it (which I abused like nothing else, good times). But yes, I'm getting off topic...

So, is it something we can assist your brother with in regards to how to get a legal copy so you two can play together?

L0neGamer

Jul 29, 2019
I'll just buy it myself.... Thanks for your concern though! I was just being a cheapskate! or something. (We're in the UK anyway...)

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
I'll just buy it myself.... Thanks for your concern though! I was just being a cheapskate! or something. (We're in the UK anyway...)

No worries, I understand. The economy in most places is not all that strong, and saving money is a good thing to try and do. But make sure your brother pays you back for that! I'd say call him your indentured servant, and get him to mine stuff for you. Unless he is bigger than you. Then make him your body guard, heh heh.

Good luck either way, mate!

Reactions: Confidential1207