Kill the Enderdragon, save the crystals

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

eisbaerBorealis

Jul 29, 2019
So Gregtech has this fancy new generator that will produce 32 EU/t when near a functioning Healing Crystal in the End. 32 isn't a lot, so I don't foresee myself actually using this, but I wanted to see if I could kill the Enderdragon without destroying any of the crystals. (Spoilers: I couldn't)

So I got into creative mode and went to the End. I've tried luring him away. But he obviously likes to hang around his Crystals. I've tried using an MFFS Sphere Projection, max distance, mob-killing (I once also included a second mffs to protect myself and the machinery - it doesn't work). I've also tried mining into the island, but the Ender Dragon still found his way down there and broke my machinery. Catching a Dragon inside of a Force Field also seems to make the game really buggy, and doesn't appear to do any damage.

I've also tried sending him through a mystcraft portal. 50x50, with a little stand in the middle so I could lure him into it. He just broke it; didn't touch the edges; just plain broke the portal.

Any ideas? One thing to note is that once the dragon is far away (I dunno... about 150 blocks maybe?) he doesn't move. I think the closest I could get to my goal is to destroy the crystals on one half of the island and bring a LOT of arrows.
I'm also wondering how to make an aura node in The End, but haven't experimented enough with that to make a thread yet.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
The only way you're likely to kill the Ender dragon without destroying the healing crystals is to take about 60 friends with you. I don't know of a way and I don't think it's supposed to be possible to kill the dragon without first knocking out all the crystals.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
I pulled him off to an asteroid far enough to kill him with 5 crystals remaining. That was without any real effort involved in saving them ...

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
Mining Laser on long range mode is the fastest way to do damage to him. You should be able to damage faster than the crystals heal.

Reactions: eisbaerBorealis

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Not a mod from any real FTB setup, but Flans Mod works wonders for taking down the ender dragon. Just set up a flak cannon and Rip him a New One.(WW2 addon)
If you have Manus WW2, use a Anti-tank flak cannon. One hit deals 80% of the dragons health.

Or one could just use the Nanosaber and a Gravitation Chest Plate to chase him around the sky and kill him with style.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
I am running IC2 build 210 and I can't enchant a nanosaber using any means. Only method I haven't tried yet in an UnCrafting table.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
I used the lightning and fire wands, the first enchanted with potency 3 and recharge. And a jetpack. I derped around for a bit, but it went fairly quick once I decided to simply over-power him near the crystal. Frugral might've been the better choice though as the wand didn't recharge (0 aura). It broke near the end and I had to finish the guy in close range with the fire wand.

I had a cluster of 9 left after I was done.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
What I would recommend is taking with you some thaumcraft wands, wand of lightning can be very nice in particular. I would also recommend using some of xen's reliquary guns if you happen to have it installed, those are great for it. Just try and be carefull of the crystals.