KeepInventory player option

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Pafishek

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,

I recently made a server for FTB:Unleashed and I want to give each player an option to enable or disable keeping inventory after death. Is that somehow possible?

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
There is a vanilla command:
/gamerule keepInventory true
Unleashed was for 1.5.X, as a reminder, and he's asking for a "per player basis" on this, which I really have no idea if this was made.

kaiomann

Jul 29, 2019
You could either enable the gameruke mentioned above, or you could set up a station where people can grab Golden Charms Of Keeping, either for free or with a small cost if ya want. (That's actually quite a nice Idea, pay a diamond for keeping your inventory once :D)

Reactions: Pafishek

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
You could either enable the gameruke mentioned above, or you could set up a station where people can grab Golden Charms Of Keeping, either for free or with a small cost if ya want. (That's actually quite a nice Idea, pay a diamond for keeping your inventory once :D)
Again, Unleashed is from 1.5.X, and as a reminder to everyone...
Wait, /gameRule was added in 1.4.2? Odd, thought it was MUCH later then that. When did they add keepInventory? IIRC it wasn't an option in 1.5.X but I'm guessing I'm sooper wrong here.

EDIT: Also the /seed command ALWAYS works? Since when? Last time I tried it on a server it told me I didn't have permission to use that command...

Reactions: kaovalin

Pafishek

Jul 29, 2019

This is really good idea, It can be easily done with command blocks. Thank you, I will use it as temporary solution ( or permanent, if nobody finds a better way. :D ).

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
If you want to give each player an option to choose between losing and not losing I think you can place 2 command blocks.

One with the gamerule true and one with false. And make the command so it only affects the closest player. If you just type in the gamerule it will set it the same for everyone.

Reactions: YX33A

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
If you want to give each player an option to choose between losing and not losing I think you can place 2 command blocks.

One with the gamerule true and one with false. And make the command so it only affects the closest player. If you just type in the gamerule it will set it the same for everyone.
According to the Minecraft wiki, this is the syntax for the /gameRule command.
gamerule <rulename> [(true | false)]

No player name section defined, so I'd assume it only works on everyone or no-one, since most game rules are a all or nothing effect anyway.

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
According to the Minecraft wiki, this is the syntax for the /gameRule command.
gamerule <rulename> [(true | false)]

No player name section defined, so I'd assume it only works on everyone or no-one, since most game rules are a all or nothing effect anyway.
Oh wow, guess that's what I get from not using them haha
Okay yeah, you can't define a player with gamerules :/