Keepinventory not working

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Hyperfury

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, I am currently playing on the Yogcraft mod pack and I tried '/gamerule keepinventory true' and it said I didn't have permission to use that command so I went into cheat mode, then I tried it again and it said gamerule keepinventory does not exist. How do I enable it then?

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, I am currently playing on the Yogcraft mod pack and I tried '/gamerule keepinventory true' and it said I didn't have permission to use that command so I went into cheat mode, then I tried it again and it said gamerule keepinventory does not exist. How do I enable it then?
You need to make your world creative.

Back up your old world, create the same(incl. name) one but with creative, copy over the level.dat into the old world, delete the new one, place the old back, done.

Hyperfury

Jul 29, 2019
I just tried both of those options, umm I still got the message 'You do not have permission to this command'. When I changed to lan and enabled cheats it said 'gamerule 'keepinventory' does not exist' or it can't be found or some crap.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I just tried both of those options, umm I still got the message 'You do not have permission to this command'. When I changed to lan and enabled cheats it said 'gamerule 'keepinventory' does not exist' or it can't be found or some crap.

It's case sensitive, I think. /gamerule keepInventory true

Reactions: Zelfana

whythisname

Jul 29, 2019
You can also use the "tab" key to auto complete whatever you want to type, that way you can be certain you make no typos and everything is recognized.

That said, I think Santa is right and it should work if you type that.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I've been playing on my current Unleashed world and decided to test this. Yes, the "I" in inventory HAS to be capitalized, just like mobGriefing.

Hyperfury

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, i got it working :D it was just the 'i' i typed it lower case but it works now. Thanks guys

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I used to use keepInventory, as I hate to lose my stuff, but after a while it just started feeling a bit too cheaty
so now I am using the gravestone mod www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1762087-162-smpssp-minecraft-graves-die-classy/
when you die, it leaves a grave behind containing all your items, so after you die, you spawn with nothing, but you can go back to the spot where you died and empty your grave and get back all your items that way