"keepInventory" command not working.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
(Wow, been posting a lot more questions than I'd like to in such short intervals, please excuse my ignorance. >_<)

I'm playing in a new test world to check some stuff about damage so for convenience sake I turned on the "keepInventory" command, and it says its on, but I still seem to be dropping my items upon death.

I tried setting it again, and again it says its on, and same happen.
Tried turning it off, as maybe it got somehow switched or something, still dropped items, same happened when i turned the command on after that.

No idea what could be the problem, thoughts?

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
I can confirm on the MindCrack 8.0.1 build I am able to utilize the keepInventory function to keep my inventory.

I'd suggest making a backup of your current FTB launcher folder, and then let it reload everything.

Do you have any customization to the modpack, such as additional mods, etc? I cannot think of anything that should cause that function to stop working in that regard, though.

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
I can confirm on the MindCrack 8.0.1 build I am able to utilize the keepInventory function to keep my inventory.

I'd suggest making a backup of your current FTB launcher folder, and then let it reload everything.

Do you have any customization to the modpack, such as additional mods, etc? I cannot think of anything that should cause that function to stop working in that regard, though.

I do remove and add quite a few mods (Direwolf20 pack btw.):
Removed:
EBXL
IC and anything related
Chikenchunks
gravisuite
MFFS
Obsidianplates
stevescarts
Twilightforest
Wireless Redstone stuff
Xycraft

Added:
HarkenScythe
AnimalBikes
Bibliocraft
Cogs of the machine
Custom NPCs
More Bows
Sword Pedestral
KeepMyStats
Armor Status HUD
Status Effect HUD

When you generated the world, did you switch allow cheats to ON?

Yeah, other commands work fine so far, only "keepInventory" is not working.

Spoo

Jul 29, 2019
To clarify, you're also including the "true" after "keepInventory", right?

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
To clarify, you're also including the "true" after "keepInventory", right?
Are you sure you are typing "/gamerule keepInventory true"?

I'm gonna go retreat into my little corner of shame now.
I was typing "on" instead of "true" for some reason...good gracious, how could I have messed up something so basic? T_T

I'm sorry, I really need to apologize for this one, ugh I'm such an airhead, seems my recent problems are just extremely simple things I messed up somehow.
Thank you for putting up with this stuff, I'll try my best to not do something like this anytime soon.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
No worries, at least you've found the issue. I should have thought to ask that, hahah. Good luck!