Keeping manually added mods while updating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jugg3rV

Jul 29, 2019
Hi Forum,

The Launcher just updated. I don't know what mods it updated, but it downloaded the whole pack again and deleted the mods folder. I have to add my mods myself now, but i am not sure, which i added.
Would be nice to make a mods backupfolder and / or keeping the manually installed mods within the folder.

Creating a list of perviously installed mods would be helpfull, too. So i don't have to do it myself ;P

damnedsky

Jul 29, 2019
@Jugg3rV It is indeed a good idea but on the other hand you must realize that this Launcher is dedicated to FTB and ModPacks. What you are doing can be EASILY managed with MultiMC without this problem ever repeating. This is an intended feature because the Launcher files strucure is created just like a MultiMC instance.

Randomsteve

Jul 29, 2019
@Jugg3rV It is indeed a good idea but on the other hand you must realize that this Launcher is dedicated to FTB and ModPacks. What you are doing can be EASILY managed with MultiMC without this problem ever repeating. This is an intended feature because the Launcher files strucure is created just like a MultiMC instance.

Yeah this is a very good point,(And probably what I will end up doing.) though it would be a nice option of being able to cache to mods that were installed by the user so that next time it updates they can take a look at a list and readd if desired. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.