Just... Not... Fair...

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Tabu

Jul 29, 2019
Apparently the Nuclear reactors glitch. The green lights on the side show it as being on when it isn't.

I saw this, hit the lever to shut it off, then went on a mining expedition.

About an hour later I come back to a hole in the ground...

All my chests/machines gone. I mean everything...

I got so mad I had to laugh...

*Note to self* Remove Uranium from reactor from now on, just to make sure.

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
ouch! Good rule of thumb is to always use an information panel with nuclear reactors for that extra security of green on or a red off text

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Apparently the Nuclear reactors glitch. The green lights on the side show it as being on when it isn't.

I saw this, hit the lever to shut it off, then went on a mining expedition.

About an hour later I come back to a hole in the ground...

All my chests/machines gone. I mean everything...

I got so mad I had to laugh...

*Note to self* Remove Uranium from reactor from now on, just to make sure.
It is not against the rules to backup your minecraft instances daily.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
And this is why I give the villagers the gift of industrialization. If anything explodes, they have to deal with it. Maybe that'll teach them to stop giving me this crap.
2013-04-25_17.29.38.png

Quesenek

Jul 29, 2019
This is why my nuclear reactor is encased in warded stone and glass.
This, I started doing thaumcraft research last night for these blocks alone. Now I have almost zero things in my ae systems and chests lol thaumcraft is addicting!

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
you think thats bad I built one using planner v3, gold coolers & lhz's when turned it on it produce twice the heat, it was burned out all & promptly exploded, research later found that planner is not accurate with the current version we used on server, but that said its was a laugh, you could even say a blast :)

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
My reactor blew up just now. Lost my boiler and 95% of my I. Steam Engines

Why isn't Reactor Planner v3 valid anymore? (MindCrack 8.2 btw)

Juice57

Jul 29, 2019
Its valid and works properly its the players fault for not properly engineering it to prevent damage to your base, reactor control has this 1 block called a thermal monitor + redstone will save you from EVER having a melt down(let my nukes sit unenclosed). Ive run out of sympathy for people that dont use caution around nukes, stick to solar let the big kids play with the fun toys.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
I had a thermal monitor set to shut at 250c, it didnt help, the reaction was to fast to stop, yes it was my fault I should have researched at least 3 types but I just went with a planner v3. but that said there was very little damage warded block/glass & off sets for cables seen to that, meh its just a game.

Quesenek

Jul 29, 2019
HeavyTurtle did that on adept craft. Kinda.
That is crazy doesn't the reactor need 70 million EU just to start? It would be fine after the first time but still anything above 1 million EU on anything but a nuclear reactor and fusion reactor is crazy.

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
I use a 100% safe setup with thorium rods and heat vents, My reactor doesn't NEED containment mind you,

But it's five layers of reinforced stone, It would be warded if i knew how to use thaumcraft

Quesenek

Jul 29, 2019
I use a 100% safe setup with thorium rods and heat vents, My reactor doesn't NEED containment mind you,

But it's five layers of reinforced stone, It would be warded if i knew how to use thaumcraft
I thought mine was fine since I was only using 6 single sticks of uranium and a ton of heat vents and regardless of the fact mine said it had zero heat for some reason it decided to explode. Either by glitch or reasons that I don't understand I cannot ever trust that they wont blow up my base lol.