Just a simple question about mods.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

OpenWorldAddict

Jul 29, 2019
Depends how you want to focus your pack really.
I am looking for mods that enhance the experience of trying to survive on a desert world, as well as lower the bar of difficulty you have on superflat desert worlds by finding work arounds to many of the problems you would have.

example of problems:
lack of wood (not only used to make tools, but to burn as initial fuel source)
lack of lots of easily accessible stone, and other early resources (like coal)
lack of sugar cane
etc.

Other than that, I don't know what you mean by 'focus'.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
I am looking for mods that enhance the experience of trying to survive on a desert world, as well as lower the bar of difficulty you have on superflat desert worlds by finding work arounds to many of the problems you would have.

example of problems:
lack of wood (not only used to make tools, but to burn as initial fuel source)
lack of lots of easily accessible stone, and other early resources (like coal)
lack of sugar cane
etc.

Other than that, I don't know what you mean by 'focus'.

So you mean you wan´t to do FTB Regrowth next version?
Take a look into the third party mod secion here.
Either you will find a modpack that already has what you are looking for or you get inspired by what is already done (tons)

OpenWorldAddict

Jul 29, 2019
So you mean you wan´t to do FTB Regrowth next version?
Take a look into the third party mod secion here.
Either you will find a modpack that already has what you are looking for or you get inspired by what is already done (tons)

All I am doing is looking for a small number (10 to 20 non-core mods) to put together for my own personal use to make superfat desert a little easier and more fun. I tried regrowth; btw; and it does have some neat ideas, but regrowth is a wasteland, not a desert world.

TheGreatKamina

Jul 29, 2019
Now by desert, do you mean exclusively sand deserts or just generally kind of arid? If it's the latter, you could look into biome mods - Highlands has a biome called "sahel" which is kind of halfway between desert and savannah. This would solve your wood issue.

Natura adds saguaro cacti to deserts, which grow edible fruit.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
You could always try playing Crash Landing. It's kinda really old and really hard (special/infernal mobs...), but it was and is a good pack. :)