Windows .exe Java Virtual Machine Launcher Error.

colecapps

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, today I just downloaded the new packs (Horizon and direwolf20) after some testing in singleplayer for like 1-2h the game stopped and this error showed

Java Virtual Machine Launcher

Error : Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error : A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.

Here is the pastebin. after I tried to start it again.. http://pastebin.com/0KkuxFKz

What can I do?

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
It looks like you ran out of memory. The new 1.6 packs are requiing at least 2GB of ram for them to work properly but you have 32bit os and can't allocate any more than 1GB. Try disabling some could help but you really need a 64bit os so you can allocate more memory to the launcher.

KaosC57

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting, ill need to go back and allocate about 2.5 gb of memory on my laptop's copy of FTB launcher... Good to know! But nowadays nobody has a 32bit OS unless they are sill running win xp

colecapps

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting, ill need to go back and allocate about 2.5 gb of memory on my laptop's copy of FTB launcher... Good to know! But nowadays nobody has a 32bit OS unless they are sill running win xp

Well I have 32bits OS running Win7..

Chaka

FTB Team
Mod Developer
Retired Staff
Dec 24, 2013
New Jersey
I have windows 7 pro x64 if you allocate 1.5 GB it works even 1 gb works on most packs but I don't know why it dosent, maybe just the x32 OS not having enough threads