Java Runtime Crash

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Pack: Infitech2 (Third Party)

1-2 weeks ago I started getting a crash-to-desktop a few seconds after loading into a world on the infitech2 public server.

I've tried:
  • Updating Forge
  • Updating Java
  • Updating video drivers
  • Downgrading Java (I forget to what version, possibly not early enough?)
  • Downgrading videodrivers
  • Reinstalling Feed the Beast (why not)
  • Deleting just about any non-essential software I can think of from my machine (a lot it turns out)
  • Reinstalling windows (Seriously)
  • MultiMC (getting desperate now)
The error suggests an issue between Java and my video drivers. As far as I know my video card is perfectly fine (AMD Radeon 7800 HD).

I'm clearly too stupid to figure out what's going on here. Can anyone suggest anything else I can try?

Error below was spit out by MultiMC but the FTB one is essentially identical.

@Jason McRay I'm just tagging you cuz you like to monitor anything related to the pack.
Code:
#

# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:

#

# EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x0000000066b346cf, pid=4288, tid=4192

#

# JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (8.0_31-b13) (build 1.8.0_31-b13)

# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (25.31-b07 mixed mode windows-amd64 compressed oops)

# Problematic frame:

# C [atio6axx.dll+0xb046cf]

#

# Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows

#

# An error report file with more information is saved as:

# E:\Games\MultiMC\instances\Infitech2\minecraft\hs_err_pid4288.log

#

# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:

# http://bugreport.java.com/bugreport/crash.jsp

# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.

# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.

#

AL lib: (EE) alc_cleanup: 1 device not closed

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option PermSize=128m; support was removed in 8.0

Vilmos

Jul 29, 2019
Well the error is in the ATI driver from the looks of it, and it is trying to write to invalid memory. The actual error will be in that hs_err_pid4288.log

I would focus the fix on video card/driver and memory. since you already tried different drivers, try a memtest just to make sure you don't have faulty RAM.

I also found this: https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MC-31618 not sure if it will help you but at least you are not alone!

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Thx for the reply Vilmos. Yeah sadly I'd already seen that thread, my drivers are updated past that.

I'm wondering if I downgraded Java enough, its possibly I just went to an earlier Java 8 when I should have gone all the way to the most stable 7. I'll try that at some point this weekend.

BTW I don't suppose your name comes from a certain Brust book, Brokedown Palace?

DorinnB

Jul 29, 2019
hum ... I was used to play minecraft at work.
But today I had several crash that's look like your's...

Windows update maybe ? I will check tomorow what's new on the computer.

time to go back home...