Java exception Launcher issue *please help*

ethan liles

Jul 29, 2019
Whenever I attempt to launch FTB, I end up getting an error message from java virtual machine launcher. It reeds: A Java Exception has occurred. I've tried everything I know to do, including re installing java the and FTB launcher. I'm running on a 64 bit windows 8 operating system. Here is a link to my console's readout http://pastebin.com/aRa9XTYF The launcher was working great for a week, and then it almost randomly began stop working. I would love any help i could get. Thanks.

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
Open the command prompt by typing cmd in the start menu; then, type in "C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe -jar "with a space after it and now quotes, then drag the ftb launcher jar or exe to the cmd windows and press enter. If it still doesn't work (which it probably wont) right click and select mark, highlight all the text and press enter, then paste all the things to pastebin. This will hopefully provide some more infos because the ftb console sadly isn't providing anything helpful as far as I can tell D:

ethan liles

Jul 29, 2019
Open the command prompt by typing cmd in the start menu; then, type in "C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe -jar "with a space after it and now quotes, then drag the ftb launcher jar or exe to the cmd windows and press enter. If it still doesn't work (which it probably wont) right click and select mark, highlight all the text and press enter, then paste all the things to pastebin. This will hopefully provide some more infos because the ftb console sadly isn't providing anything helpful as far as I can tell D:
So, it didn't work, but here is the pastebin i got. Hope this helps. http://pastebin.com/12UsihWG

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: joptsimple/OptionSpec

You're missing joptsimple, not sure if this is packaged with java, the launcher, or some mod. I'm guessing it comes with the launcher. You can try redownloading it; if that doesn't work reinstall java. If that doesn't work let me know and I'll find another solution

ethan liles

Jul 29, 2019
I
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: joptsimple/OptionSpec

You're missing joptsimple, not sure if this is packaged with java, the launcher, or some mod. I'm guessing it comes with the launcher. You can try redownloading it; if that doesn't work reinstall java. If that doesn't work let me know and I'll find another solution
've

I've tried reinstalling both programs multiple times, but It doesn't seem to work