Itemduct default

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Putzaroo

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question about Itemducts filtering. When I pop one down and place the servo, what are the default filtering options set at? If I click the whitelist/blacklist -- which is it on? same with the other options. If I hover over the button, is the displayed text what it is going to switch to, or where it is set. This applies to all four of the options.

I ask, because I thought I had it figured out, but a disaster with a mess of seeds left me wondering what I had done wrong.
I can't seem to find the answer I am looking for via googlemagic.. my googlefu is apparently very weak.

Thanks!

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
It defaults to blacklist(when it has the black triangle). The displayed text is what it is set to.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
As stated above the default on placing is black list, ei will accept anything but the item in the black list, the other option is whitelist this will refuse everything but the whitelisted items, the other 2 options are items ID & meta data, these can be used to set a system that will take any of a type of item or ones of same type with or with out a damage value, as a for instance lets take a simple single bee setup using items duct & 2 servos to automate it.

First off we need the ducts in a short line with 2 ducts hitting 2 sides/top/bottom of an apiary, so for the sake of looks we will use back & under side (bottom), the items duct at back has a servo set to pull mode nothing else is needed, the item duct on bottom is set to white list & both the id/meta are checked, the white listed items place back into the aviary will be any drone & any princess, with meta checked it means that not just the same species but any of the same gender will be allowed, then one more item duct to a chest, for excess drones & products to completes the very basic automation.

if you are unsure you can test each mode by 2 item ducts & 2 chests & servos, pull from one chest to the other, change modes & see how it all works, its easy to get to grips with.

Putzaroo

Jul 29, 2019
Well this is what I thought, but had some issues last night. I will double check everything later tonight.
Thanks!

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
One thing to keep in mind is that when you switch to white list, the default is to use the ore dictionary.

Not sure if this is likely to cause problems with seeds, but it certainly can with saplings since lots of them are called "treeSapling" in the ore dictionary, meaning they will all pass a default white list.