Item transport by ender chest?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Gmoff01

Jul 29, 2019
In ultimate I do a lot of item transport by ender chest. Mostly from quarries / mob grinders to my AE system, with a diamond/void pipe filter between the chest and the AE interface. This also let me keep a linked ender pouch in my inventory that I could dump things in which would be filtered the same way and then go into the AE system. I'd also keep an ender chest that pumped into a void pipe as a trash bin.

We've switched to unleashed now, and I dont have access to the RP2 machines that I used to pump items from the chests into the pipes, and its making things a bit more difficult. I can keep quarries and mob grinders working the same way via tesseract, but then I cant use an ender pouch and have the contents go through the filter. The garbage bin is more complicated as well.

The question then is whether there is a good way to pump stacks of items quickly from an ender chest into a pipe network in unleashed, or a good way to accomplish the same overall goal?

Thanks guys!

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Buildcraft wooden pipes extract depending on the power applied to them. Redstone energy cells plonked next to the wood pipe will empty a chest in 3 seconds.
Bear in mind this now makes the extraction cost power and buildcraft pipes are still retardedly messy and like to drop things.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
You COULD try a powerful engine(force comes to mind) as the more MJ the engine produces the faster items get pumped out.
Also there's directly importing items from the chest and having it export useless items into an iron chest connected to a void pipe for garbage.

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
I feel like full AE might help your cause a bit here. Export buses are pretty quick and with the Transvector Interface from TT you can stack enough to instantly empty an enderchest. Like, one tick. As for trashing items you might want to mess around with priority on storage buses and make it send anything past a certain amount into a Void Chest. Or just send it to DSUs.

Now if you want it into a pipe network automatic wooden pipes with a gate on them are horrifically fast. Seriously.

Gmoff01

Jul 29, 2019
Buildcraft wooden pipes extract depending on the power applied to them. Redstone energy cells plonked next to the wood pipe will empty a chest in 3 seconds.
Bear in mind this now makes the extraction cost power and buildcraft pipes are still retardedly messy and like to drop things.

Thanks, I'll give that a shot. Does the cell force it to pump once a tick, or do I still need a gate to provide the pulses?

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
I'd say the fastest way to do this would to use a precise ME import bus set to import stacks at a time and nothing in the filter, and then let your ME system sort things and send the appropriate stuff to be processed. You can automate sending your "trash" to be compressed into singularities, be voided within the system, or even to DSU's if you feel like having a touch over two billion cobble all in one block.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, I'll give that a shot. Does the cell force it to pump once a tick, or do I still need a gate to provide the pulses?
It's actually hard to control at all, you plonk it down and the items will spew out.

I'm not 100% sure but you also might want to learn logistics pipes (if they are in Unleashed that is) they have pipes that can filter and extract by stacks. I'm not familiar with how to set them up but I am familiar with what the mod can do.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
If you put a basic logistics pipe onto an ME interface and then a logistics chassis pipe onto the chest (no in between pipes are necessary) then put a mark 3 extractor module in the chassis pipe. Set the basic pipe on the interface to the default route. It will extract very quickly if you use mark 3. You can also get another chassis pipe with an item sink module and put it on a trashcan or void chest. Then use the item sink module to define which items you wish to be voided in the trashcan and the pipe will deposit any of those items in there.

The pipe network will extract a bit of power from the AE system for each item it handles but it has no idle drain. You can expand the network later and add supply and request pipes on the interface to have more bi directional support for more advanced automation later but this is a good starter use of logipipes.