Item ID Issues, am I looking at this correctly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boundary

Jul 29, 2019
Hey all,

I have had my 1st attack of item ID mismatches which came about after I updated a few mods in the 1.5.2ngt .8 pack. I did as much research about this as I could before coming on here to ask some questions & then proceed.

Specifically mods I updated:
applied energistics v11e
extra utils 0.2.4f
factorization 0.8.0.1
magic bees 2.1.0
tinkers construct 1.4.1.7
thaumcraft 3.0.5h
thaumic tinkerer 1.0.8
binnie mods 1.7.0b
forestry A 2.2.8.4

FIrst off the experience - I can't manufacture terpentine as lumber run through a squeezer actually appears as MFR blocks in the liquid bar, plus a couple of other 'messes' I discovered:

I did some reading about & trued to clue myself up a little on item / bloks ID's & think I may have enough of an understanding... just maybe... This is what I came up with:

MFR config file - items bolded:
####################
# item
####################

item {
I:ID.BioFuel=12009
I:ID.BioFuelBucket=12010
I:ID.BlankRecord=12006
I:ID.CeramicDye=12005
I:ID.ChocolateMilkBucket=12034
I:ID.FertilizerItem=11992
I:ID.Hammer=11987
I:ID.LaserFocus=12033
I:ID.MachineBlock=12003
I:ID.MeatBucket=12029
I:ID.MeatIngotCooked=12026
I:ID.MeatIngotRaw=12025
I:ID.MeatNuggetCooked=12028
I:ID.MeatNuggetRaw=12027
I:ID.Milk=11988
I:ID.MilkBottle=12014
I:ID.MobEssence=11991
I:ID.MobEssenceBucket=11998
I:ID.MushroomSoupBucket=12035
I:ID.PinkSlimeBucket=12030
I:ID.PinkSlimeball=12031
I:ID.PlasticSheet=11993
I:ID.PortaSpawner=12016
I:ID.RawPlastic=11994
I:ID.RawRubber=12002
I:ID.RedNet.MemoryCard=12023
I:ID.RedNet.Meter=12022
I:ID.RubberBar=11995
I:ID.Ruler=12024
I:ID.SafariNet=12004
I:ID.SafariNetJailer=12032
I:ID.SafariNetLauncher=12012
I:ID.SafariNetSingleUse=12008
I:ID.Sewage=11990
I:ID.SewageBucket=11996
I:ID.Sludge=11989
I:ID.SludgeBucket=11997
I:ID.Spyglass=12015
I:ID.Straw=12017
I:ID.SugarCharcoal=12013
I:ID.SyringeCure=12020
I:ID.SyringeEmpty=11999
I:ID.SyringeGrowth=12001
I:ID.SyringeHealth=12000
I:ID.SyringeSlime=12019
I:ID.SyringeZombie=12007
I:ID.Upgrade=12011
I:ID.Upgrade.PRC=12021
I:ID.XPExtractor=12018
}

Extra Tree's config file - items bolded:
####################
# item
####################

item {
# Item ID for Arborist Database. Default ID is 12000.
I:dictionary=12000

# Item ID for Master Carpentry Hammer. Default ID is 12007.
I:durableHammer=12007

# Item ID for Food. Default ID is 12002.
I:food=12002

# Item ID for Carpentry Hammer. Default ID is 12006.
I:hammer=12006

# Item ID for General Items. Default ID is 12001.
I:item=12001

# Item ID for Liquid. Default ID is 12003.
I:liquid=12003

# Item ID for Liquid Container. Default ID is 12004.
I:liquidContainer=12004

# Item ID for Lepidopterist Database. Default ID is 12005.
I:mothDictionary=12005
}

Now I wanted to check before I go dicking about with ID's:
  • Can I simply adjust the ID's re-run the server & all is good (obv. making sure I am not stealing another mod's ID's)
  • Which mod's ID's should I change, my thoughts are going with extra tree's to change here?
  • Is there a recommended ID range to move to?
  • I expected to get some kind of error log for this, was there one & I overlooked it?

Thanks for the help!

Boundary

Jul 29, 2019
Any bites on this one? Don't mean to sound pushy I think I am close to being right just want to be sure I understand before messing around. Thanks :)

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
What seems to be going on is that your updates caused certain ID's to be overwritten. It's not that your ID's are currently in conflict, it is that your ID's changed, which caused this problem you are in.

Unless you have a pre-update backup, the odds of recovering are slim to nil. You would need to remember each and every ID used prior to update, and revert each and every ID back to their previous number.

Sorry, wish I could be more help, but them's the facts.

Boundary

Jul 29, 2019
What seems to be going on is that your updates caused certain ID's to be overwritten. It's not that your ID's are currently in conflict, it is that your ID's changed, which caused this problem you are in.

Unless you have a pre-update backup, the odds of recovering are slim to nil. You would need to remember each and every ID used prior to update, and revert each and every ID back to their previous number.

Sorry, wish I could be more help, but them's the facts.
Thanks for the reply ShneekeyOne :)

I'm going to ask something first than say something second... How does one actually prevent this from happening? As far as I know if I download & add a mod file the cfg is generated on 1st run, if it has a bunch of default ID's in the same ranger as another mod it will overwrite / conflict straight off the bat, does that mean I need to keep an list of all the used ID's? Is the ID list attached to the created world or just based off what is in the cfg files (I am thinking just the cfg files?)? OK so I asked 3 questions first :p

But secondly to say I had to just try change them anyways... Guess what? Moved them to 18xxx & NEI is picking everything up now - have not had enough PC time to test that everything is actually working properly yet, but I am feeling optimistic.

Thanks again :D

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Thanks for the reply ShneekeyOne :)

I'm going to ask something first than say something second... How does one actually prevent this from happening? As far as I know if I download & add a mod file the cfg is generated on 1st run, if it has a bunch of default ID's in the same ranger as another mod it will overwrite / conflict straight off the bat, does that mean I need to keep an list of all the used ID's? Is the ID list attached to the created world or just based off what is in the cfg files (I am thinking just the cfg files?)? OK so I asked 3 questions first :p
Okay, here's what happens, why it happened to you, and what you can do about it:

First off: ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR ID'S! No, seriously.You can print out a file from NEI to give you the list.

Second, what is going on is this: Some mods really want specific ID's. When they are changed in the mod pack, they accept this as a user-defined change. However, when you update, it will go back to the default 'grab these ID's', and not bother recognizing if they are already being used or not. Sometimes, this throws a Block ID error. But if it is with an ItemID, then it sometimes doesn't. Railcraft takes advantage of this to overwrite certain vanilla recipes (rails) with their own.

As an addendum, sometimes when you update, the mod gets new items and/or blocks. When that happens, and you don't have pre-defined ID's set up, it'll just grab the default, which can include ones that are already in use.

To solve this problem, you can update mods one at a time, then check for any problems, then add another. Rinse, wash, repeat. Failing that, you have your trusty ID list, then compare it to any of the updated mods, and make changes as necessary.

But secondly to say I had to just try change them anyways... Guess what? Moved them to 18xxx & NEI is picking everything up now - have not had enough PC time to test that everything is actually working properly yet, but I am feeling optimistic.

Thanks again :D
Hey, if it works, then awesome! Can I take you with me next time I go to Vegas? :p

Boundary

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, here's what happens, why it happened to you, and what you can do about it:

First off: ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR ID'S! No, seriously.You can print out a file from NEI to give you the list.

Second, what is going on is this: Some mods really want specific ID's. When they are changed in the mod pack, they accept this as a user-defined change. However, when you update, it will go back to the default 'grab these ID's', and not bother recognizing if they are already being used or not. Sometimes, this throws a Block ID error. But if it is with an ItemID, then it sometimes doesn't. Railcraft takes advantage of this to overwrite certain vanilla recipes (rails) with their own.

As an addendum, sometimes when you update, the mod gets new items and/or blocks. When that happens, and you don't have pre-defined ID's set up, it'll just grab the default, which can include ones that are already in use.

To solve this problem, you can update mods one at a time, then check for any problems, then add another. Rinse, wash, repeat. Failing that, you have your trusty ID list, then compare it to any of the updated mods, and make changes as necessary.
Ah, ok that actually all makes sense thanks! I had read about the NEI ID dump the other day but never even thought of using if for that :) I am guessing its the 'Dump ID Map Now' option, that only gives me 4096 ID's, is that correct?

Hey, if it works, then awesome! Can I take you with me next time I go to Vegas? :p
I think it's all working, I can make resin -> turpentine & checking the rest from there. About the Vegas thing... I'm in! Wanna pay my ticket from SA :D

Status
Not open for further replies.