Is Twilight Forest Still Unfinished in FTB Ultimate?

Chromio

Jul 29, 2019
Just wondering. Is FTB Ultimate's version of the Twilight Forest mod still in WIP mode? Like, on Ultimate, the boss area would say that it's a work in progress, and there'd be no boss there, unlike like how it's completed in Unleashedm boss and all. It's also been two years since my FTB days, and I want to get back into it. If I go back to Ultimate, will there be a completed Twilight Forest to look forward to?

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Just wondering. Is FTB Ultimate's version of the Twilight Forest mod still in WIP mode? Like, on Ultimate, the boss area would say that it's a work in progress, and there'd be no boss there, unlike like how it's completed in Unleashedm boss and all. It's also been two years since my FTB days, and I want to get back into it. If I go back to Ultimate, will there be a completed Twilight Forest to look forward to?
I believe that the twilight forest in 1.4.7 never got completed so, yes, it is still in WIP in ultimate.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Twilight Forest is always unfinished.
Which is a shame, but consider that Benematic is one guy, I think he gets some help but TF is a really massive solo effort.

Sadly I think he is burning out before completion as the quality of the dungeons seems to peak at the Litch Tower, maintain through the goblin stronghold and Ur Ghast tower, and then the abomnible snowmen and Aurora Palace are really not that great.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Which is a shame, but consider that Benematic is one guy, I think he gets some help but TF is a really massive solo effort.

Sadly I think he is burning out before completion as the quality of the dungeons seems to peak at the Litch Tower, maintain through the goblin stronghold and Ur Ghast tower, and then the abomnible snowmen and Aurora Palace are really not that great.

He just added the final dungeon in the latest version. It's really gorgeous, albeit incomplete.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019

I am not saying he is working too slowly, I am just saying that I don't think it is finished any time soon.

He just added the final dungeon in the latest version. It's really gorgeous, albeit incomplete.
FINAL dungeon?! Hmmm interesting, what part of the mod are the time trees supposed to be in? The last time I checked the WIP saplings were in those tree dungeons but I figured there would be a major part of the mod for them?

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
The time tree saplings are s rare drop in leaf dungeon chests. Been there since at least MC 1.6.4, probably MC 1.5.2

The tree of transformation, sorting tree and mining tree are all found the same way. Although the sorting tree algorithm does need work.
--
I see I misread your post slightly. What makes you think there was more content planned for the saplings?

Last edited:

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
The time tree saplings are s rare drop in leaf dungeon chests. Been there since at least MC 1.6.4, probably MC 1.5.2

The tree of transformation, sorting tree and mining tree are all found the same way. Although the sorting tree algorithm does need work.
--
I see I misread your post slightly. What makes you think there was more content planned for the saplings?
Because it is a time tree and that doesn't fit the setting of where it can be acquired.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
The last "major landmark" is the final plateau, and that's being worked on now.

The mushroom castles? More additional minor features? Those will be coming later.

All I can say is, there's no princess in any castle I've checked out so far.