Is Tinker's Construct a "technical" mod?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Is Tinker's Construct a "Technical" mod?

• Yes

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 54.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Partonetrain

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I'm new, like really new. I just wanted to ask something: Is Tinker's Construct a "techy" mod? I really don't think it is, but it's not in Magic World 2 and isn't in the disabled mods, though it is in the configs like usual. AFAIK, there is no way to double ores in MW2. Tinker's construct should be in the pack (in my opinion at least).

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
I'd personally classify it as a "tool replacement" mod.

Also, TC4's Pickaxe of the core can give you 'native ore clusters' that double ores; just keep placing ore blocks and mining them with the pick til you get native clusters.

Partonetrain

Jul 29, 2019
I'd personally classify it as a "tool replacement" mod.
Also, TC4's Pickaxe of the core can give you 'native ore clusters' that double ores; just keep placing ore blocks and mining them with the pick til you get native clusters.

Do you think it should be in MW2? (should've had this as the poll question)

And is that the only way to double ores? That takes so much longer than throwing ores into something and out comes 2x the ingots.... but I guess that would mean automation...

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
You should be able to get more than 2x with tinkers construct alone. Put the auto smelting upgrade on a fortune pick and mine some ores.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Tinkerer's isn't a tech mod, but that doesn't make it a magic one. It shouldn't be in MW2 for the sake of it. I think it shouldn't be as it detracts from all of the tools in the magic mods.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
You can double ore output with the Smeltery as well. It returns two buckets (ingots) worth of molten metal per ore smelted.

I would consider TiCo a 'Utility' mod, and I would consider it entirely appropriate for either a magic-based or a tech-based mod pack.

Reactions: MigukNamja

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
I personally think TiCo is an overrated mod. I like the fact that there is a 1.6.4 pack that doesn't have it in there.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
I debated quite awhile on TiC for MW2 and decided against it just because I feel it's actually a very "techy" way of doing enchanting and building tools.

As far as "ore doubling" in MW2, it shouldn't really be needed, but Mimicry takes care of that aspect for the most part.

Reactions: netmc

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
Realized I am a derp. IF tinkers is not in and adding it is not available then thaumcraft seems like your best bet. The Pick of the molten core has a chance of giving the clusters which seems to go up if it has fortune, Then smelt the native clusters with the infernal furnace which should net around 2x your ore. It is not a right out of the box setup and you have to craft the nuggets the furnace spits out but it is only one or two extra steps removed from the 'magic ore doubling block'

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
Realized I am a derp. IF tinkers is not in and adding it is not available then thaumcraft seems like your best bet. The Pick of the molten core has a chance of giving the clusters which seems to go up if it has fortune, Then smelt the native clusters with the infernal furnace which should net around 2x your ore. It is not a right out of the box setup and you have to craft the nuggets the furnace spits out but it is only one or two extra steps removed from the 'magic ore doubling block'

Actually it works out a bit more then double since a native ore cluster in a normal furnace will give you 2 ingots

matpower123

Jul 29, 2019
How old is that?
The "High Tech" part moved to Tinker's Mechworks.
TiCo is just "Better Tools mod" nowadays.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I'm new, like really new. I just wanted to ask something: Is Tinker's Construct a "techy" mod? I really don't think it is, but it's not in Magic World 2 and isn't in the disabled mods, though it is in the configs like usual. AFAIK, there is no way to double ores in MW2. Tinker's construct should be in the pack (in my opinion at least).
What constitutes 'technical'? How many angels can dance on the head of a pin? Why does it matter? You should be able to add it to the pack without any trouble, so go and double your ores!

Maldroth

Jul 29, 2019
Another way to look at TiC is an enchantment replacement since you can build tools with natural properties that share features of enchantments. Look at Fortune and Silky for instance. I think it belongs in MW2 and isn't too far out of theme.

Dullemarc

Jul 29, 2019
I kinda like it, i get it going asap, for the hammer, relly help get you startet with getting some good old minning done