Is this how your supposed to complete the Oak wood quest for Agrarian skies?

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
So yea...

01ce0c5b-45b6-4b8d-9beb-0cc6d88c8421_zpsb7a2f515.png

That's an Enderium upgrade for both the harvester and planter, with three magmatic dynamos powering them. Already got plus 500mb of sludge but only 2 percent of the quest. :) How are oyu guys doing it? Multiple small farms? Golems?

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
For the future posts like this can go in the AS help thread http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/agrarian-skys-help-venting-and-discussion-thread.44117/
Anyhow, it depends on what you want. Your set up can do it, but it will do so slowly. MFR machines are most efficient at the small radius as it checks each square individually, so it can take a bit to find the trees at larger radii. I would recommend more harvesters and planters but with very small upgrades (1-3, but nothing higher).

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
Also MFR fertilizers are ridiculously effective. A bit of a setup, but a pen with 10 animals should get you plenty of sewage to convert into industrial fertilizer.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
With trees (since each tree takes multiple work cycles) you can significantly increase the speed with multiple harvesters per farm. I didn't time it, but 1 planter, 1 fertilizer and 2 harvesters with iron upgrades completed the quest very quickly.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I had 2 9x9 tree farms with oaks going and I completed the quest in a few days while doing other things
alot of the end game quests aren't exactly supposed to be completed within a few hours

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I found the biggest impediment to MFR harvesters and a "large" farm is the fact that the energy network at the farms is typically not setup to deliver 400+RF/t - as such, on larger farms the harvester can exhaust its internal buffer and start to harvest slowly.
As such, the biggest kick in performance came when I co-located a hardened energy cell with the harvester to provide a full 400RF/t in bursts