Is there anything wrong with this?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

TheAbstractHippo

Jul 29, 2019
I have my quarry set up as shown, and items fly out at random when it reaches the silver chest. The chest still has a lot of room in it still. I have it hooked up to a tesseract (not shown) at my main base. My question is, why are there items popping out?
2013-05-29_15.58.34.png

Edit: Aw, look at that sunset. I'm such a genius! Not. I can't even use Buildcraft pipes correctly. :D

TheAbstractHippo

Jul 29, 2019
Right now I just want it to go to the first chest, though. Don't ask why, just yes. :p Why do you think the items are popping out?

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Basically, items won't transfer from chest to chest without something to connect them, so all the items are just going into the first chest.
Just do what Fergcraft says, it should work. Though Tubes would work better for this, as otherwise they won't go into a random chest.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
they are a bit buggy since they don't work as well as red power tubes. You might try just some basic stone tubes they could be going too fast with gold pipes

Reactions: xSINZx

TheAbstractHippo

Jul 29, 2019
That's what I'm thinking. I know that you need pipes going to all of the chests blah blah blah, but I wanted it to just go to the first chest for now and that happened. I just connected them with stone transport pipes, and they spilled out the end of the pipeline. Again. I don't think speed has anything to do with it. Do you suppose that Iron/Gold/etc. Chests have an input limit in a certain timeframe? I know it sounds silly and noobish, but at this point, I'm legitimately wondering.

Dare2Win

Jul 29, 2019
Could you give us a screenshot of the chest GUI? It might have to do with the sides you insert into and only fills up that part, but i dont think so. A screenshot would help still

TheAbstractHippo

Jul 29, 2019
Sooooo this is the silver chest. It looks just like any chest would, except more spaces.

2013-05-29_16.27.00.png

And the chest has pipes going into the top side. It was connected to the left side earlier. I had it connected to just this chest.

2013-05-29_16.27.15.png

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
you might need to create a loop with an iron pipe at the begining and circle around pipes seem to not always want to imput even if their is space

TheAbstractHippo

Jul 29, 2019
Mehhhh I'm worried that will cause a lot of entity lag, though. :/ AE can't really help me here. Bleh.

Edit: Wait, can't I have the quarry automatically output directly into a chest without pipes? Then I could use AE! WORKAROUND! :D

Edit 2: Well, THAT didn't work. :p Time for a more stable CC turtle quarry.

Vilmos

Jul 29, 2019
Are they popping out when you have left the area? Those chests might be outside the chunk loader of the quarry. So when you leave the pipe has nowhere to shoot the items into.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Quarries should connect to relays right? If so, you could switch over to RP2 tubing and bam. Fixed.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
I never had issues like these. Are the chests in a different chunk? What pack/version are you on?

Biidi

Jul 29, 2019
There seems to be some sort of bug between Buildcraft pipes and Iron Chests. If you replaced all those with standard wood chests it should work fine, you'd just need to clear them out more often.

Biidi

Jul 29, 2019
It's just some weird bug between Buildcraft and Iron Chests. I just tested with a fresh instance of Minecraft having only those two mods installed (and forge of course). I lined up all the Iron Chest mod chests with a standard wooden chest at the end. Laid down a line of pipes with an obsidian pipe on the furthest end from the wood chest and started throwing stuff in. Every single item bypassed the mod chests as if they weren't even there.

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
I am using the latest iron chests and buildcraft and am having zero issues with pipes. I would make sure you are using the dev iron chest build. The official release is still filled with bugs.

Reactions: Eyamaz