Is there any way to disable individual items of a mod?

Recon

Jul 29, 2019
Hey all. I'd like to remove the MFR Planter from my modpack, since doing that would get rid of a big imbalance in the early game without necessarily removing the entire MFR mod itself. We just think the planter makes it way too easy to get infinite charcoal in the early game, and is super easy to set up. So I'm looking for a way to remove its recipe entirely from the game in order to disable the item.

Any way to do this?

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
In the config file, you can disable the individual blocks.
Just remember, no planter, no other types of plant farms either.

You can also change power requirements. Personally, i've doubled all the power requirements (quadrupled the sludge boiler), and since I use TE, turn on the Thermal Expansion recipes, which all increases the overall cost of the blocks.

Recon

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty much ok using the Forestry farms or other means (steves carts, thaumcraft golems, etc) for auto farming. MFR's planter is just too early-game to wield such power. :)

Thanks for the tip though - I had no idea that the planter had its own enabled flag in the config! How convenient. :)

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Rejoice! For someone has learn more about the ways of configuration!

*Disclaimer: I'm not being sarcastic. Just in case.

Reactions: SatanicSanta

Vicerious

Jul 29, 2019
A clever player might notice that a harvester only takes off the tops of sugar cane and cactus, and thus does not need a planter to set up a sugar cane farm or cactus farm. With the lower effectiveness of sugar coal and cactus coal, though, I don't know how big a deal that is for you.

Recon

Jul 29, 2019
Of course it is. It just short circuits other techniques. There are other things which seem OP and of course its all subjective. One thing we're going to try is to change the Modular Powersuits so that they take 100x more energy to charge up. Currently, they're EXTREMELY cheap to charge, and the battery lasts friggin ages. I'm thinking that power consumption is the #1 balance problem with the suits. They pretty much make all other types of armor pointless. With this change, if you want to be Ironman you still can but you have to wait till you got a pretty big powerplant.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
A clever player might notice that a harvester only takes off the tops of sugar cane and cactus, and thus does not need a planter to set up a sugar cane farm or cactus farm. With the lower effectiveness of sugar coal and cactus coal, though, I don't know how big a deal that is for you.

you can also use sugarcane on an IC2 crops and the harvester will harvest that aswell.
that means more space-efficient sugarcane design which is also quite fast and can give you several more sugarcane then a vanilla sugarcane farm design

Recon

Jul 29, 2019
you do realize that your wording intends buffing battery's capacity, right?
Um, no the intention is to make it use more energy (like RF) to charge up, so that it takes 100x more RF to make the same amount of powersuit energy. I'd also like to reduce the battery capacity but I don't know if that's possible. The things just last WAY too long on a charge.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
Um, no the intention is to make it use more energy (like RF) to charge up, so that it takes 100x more RF to make the same amount of powersuit energy. I'd also like to reduce the battery capacity but I don't know if that's possible. The things just last WAY too long on a charge.
i't just gonna be PITA when it comes down to a charging using quite slow charger to begin with. it'b be to increase actual power drain by armor from it's storage to operate.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking