Is there any way to convert the old world DW20 1.5.2 in 1.6.4 DW20?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Short answer, no.
Long answer(sort of) it has been indicated when I asked this earlier that if you had the knowledge and invested a lot of time in modifying your save, delete all the blocks/items that have changed beyond the possibility of replacing them and solving all the conflicts etc, it might be possible to save some parts of it. But I think it would be rather pointless in the end since you would end up with a rather disjointed world after spending more time than it would take to just build it all again.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Short answer, no.
Long answer(sort of) it has been indicated when I asked this earlier that if you had the knowledge and invested a lot of time in modifying your save, delete all the blocks/items that have changed beyond the possibility of replacing them and solving all the conflicts etc, it might be possible to save some parts of it. But I think it would be rather pointless in the end since you would end up with a rather disjointed world after spending more time than it would take to just build it all again.
Yep, basically this. You'd put more effort into keeping your old world than it would take to make it again from scratch.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I really dont like start from begin, because i luv to test new features only on survival.
If there's some progress that you feel you would like to keep from your previous world, then cheat it in. There are far too many changes to the mod list to make porting the world possible. Thermal Expansion is totally rewritten and works very differently, for instance, as does IC2. It's likely that your IC2 machines or your cables would explode even if you could convert your world.