Is there actually a reason for the limited number of users in a conversation?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I foresee this as a measure against spammers

If there was no limit to the number of users in a conversation, I'd imagine it wouldn't be too hard to make a spambot that pulls a list of members and messages everybody

And there are spambots that target these forums, Many of them are actually illiterate too, which is quite odd.. can't really figure out what they're trying to get you to do, and don't give you a reason to click on that totally non-suspicious link at the bottom of their post.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
And that's about it. The fact that we swear a lot here and we don't get censored or banned by the software itself is kinda odd, too. I mean, part of the EULA for the XenForo forum software is "No swearing or you'll be banned", so what the fuck is up with that?
iCwutudidthar.jpg

Reactions: Padfoote

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Wait, do we have a language filter? I would test but I think posting a list of all the swears I know might be in poor taste and take some time to remember all the good ones.

Reactions: RealSketch

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
And that's about it. The fact that we swear a lot here and we don't get censored or banned by the software itself is kinda odd, too. I mean, part of the EULA for the XenForo forum software is "No swearing or you'll be banned", so what the fuck is up with that?

Umm... sure I'll get right on bopping people for mildly bad language... cause I don't have enough to do.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Umm... sure I'll get right on bopping people for mildly bad language... cause I don't have enough to do.
That's exactly why no one is asking for people to be banned for that, because a unneeded load is added that the moderators must carry above and beyond just keeping things civil.
...Plus I am pretty tame with my swearing. If @RealSketch wants me to swear less, I'll just pick up the slack in languages other then English. Hence, my swearing is tame, because English swearing is tame.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
But slowpoke is ok with swearing!
There is a quote of him in my siggy saying he didnt read the terms or something for this forum... It was in that thread.

Reactions: YX33A

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Eh. That'd be annoying. Swears are just words like any others, and are used as amplifiers. Most of us really don't care, or learn to ignore it.
But when it happens literally all the time, that would be #1 on my forum requests list.
That's exactly why no one is asking for people to be banned for that, because a unneeded load is added that the moderators must carry above and beyond just keeping things civil.
...Plus I am pretty tame with my swearing. If @RealSketch wants me to swear less, I'll just pick up the slack in languages other then English. Hence, my swearing is tame, because English swearing is tame.
Other languages is fine.