Is there a way to use nether quartz as certus quartz for AE?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
Considering both Nether Quartz and Certus Quartz (both item and dust) are used in some recipes and not interchangeably I doubt it.

sks0315

Jul 29, 2019
It is possible for certain items(quartz cutting knife, quartz glass) but not for other things

xXShadowOo

Jul 29, 2019
Some recipes can use any of those two, some uses both of them and some uses just 1 of them.

So I doubt there's a way you could edit the config to make nether quartz work as certus quartz.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
I think he's just trying to use Nether quartz cause bees make those but AE ones are nonrenewable. Not anymore! Just get a laser drill up and running with a lot of juice and you'll get renewable AE quartz!

Reactions: PeggleFrank

dtech100

Jul 29, 2019
You simply can find a villager, catch it into the MFR safari net, make a MFR spawner by using grinded mobs liquid (i forgot the name) and create yourself a AE villager. Also make yourself a emerald bee and have tons of emeralds for trading for AE crystals. Simple, easy and compact :))

Reactions: Cirom

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
You simply can find a villager, catch it into the MFR safari net, make a MFR spawner by using grinded mobs liquid (i forgot the name) and create yourself a AE villager. Also make yourself a emerald bee and have tons of emeralds for trading for AE crystals. Simple, easy and compact :))
but you can't auto trade with villager and a lot of guess work due to trading mechanics.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
There is an addon for EE3 that creates a lot of recipes one of which is like 2 iron ingots into one centrus quartz. http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1792060-16xforge-equivalency-a-addon-for-ee3/

This is a stop gap measure until dynamic emc is done.

This is more like NEI cheat mode. EE3 alone is bad and those recipes are terrible.

The great way to get large amount of certus quartz (and many other things) is to use MFR mining laser. Unfortunately there is no focus for Certus Quartz in stable version (it is white in dev one).

Deftscythe

Jul 29, 2019
Just looked at the wiki page for the laser and it says that white is nether quartz. Does this mean you can get nether quartz in the overworld with the laser or does that only apply to using the laser in the nether?

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Yep all nether items from the thing is obtainable from the overworld placement of the laser!

Deftscythe

Jul 29, 2019
That is amazing. The Nether frustrates me more than any other part of the game and currently my only reason to go is the quartz. God bless MFR,

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Yea and no more hard rock mining! However TC and other mods ores are not included unless those mods add the ores to the laser.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
In Unleashed, I take the relative scarcity of Certus Quartz to be Algorithm's way of preventing power-building a huge ME system in the early-to-mid-game, similar to how TC requires the rare-in-the-early-game Aluminum for the highest-tiered, non-Nether metal. A full ME system with a 5x5x5 or larger crafting computer filled with recipes should be an end-game build, not a mid-game build. Limiting Certus also makes long ME cable runs that much more expensive and encourages the use of Quantum Gates (vs. long ME cable runs).

In my previous game, I reached the late-to-end state in a matter of 2 to 3 weeks, but that was only possible by EE3'ing up Ender Pearls (4 iron) and Diamonds (gold). It was fun at first, yes, but I cheated myself out of several weeks of going through other tiers and trying other content. By the time I got around to other mods I wanted to play with, they were trivial since I was drowning in energy and resources and could instantly conjure up anything my ME system was taught to build, ex. a 64-stack of Tesseract Frames in a matter of seconds and a filled stack of 64 in minutes.

This time, I'm not using EE3 at all, taking it slower, and having more fun. Ender Pearls, Diamonds, and Certus are as rare as they should be.

While I can't disagree more with some mod authors' techniques to tiered progression *cough* GT *cough*, I do agree that using shortcuts decreases the lifetime of a world.

Reactions: un worry

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
I agree on diamonds and certus, only not on ender pearls. Getting a good supply of them (and you need loads) is just incredibly annoying, even if you have End access.

Neoxon

Jul 29, 2019
I found another way was just to simply to enable gregtech that allow me to forge lexicon nether quartz to certus quartz/

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I found another way was just to simply to enable gregtech that allow me to forge lexicon nether quartz to certus quartz/
Well.. this is a bug as they're not meant to be compatible in any way shape or form..

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
No TE have this conversion on default, Don't like it? just disable that conversion. Just like swapping Machine Blocks for Machine Frame. People can grind that down into free gold.