Is there a way to make AE autocraft Basic Processors?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Affex

Jul 29, 2019
Basicly I just got into whatever that multiblock-things is called which can autocraft,
And I have it so I can autocraft Import and export buses, but there is a problem.
They require a conversion matrix which requires a Basic processor, And to make a BP you need a BP assembly which needs to be smelted into a BP. I have a pattern to craft BP assemblys and a export bus which is set to export BP assemblys to my processing line.
I thought that would work, but when I try to craft a import/export bus it just stops, It doesnt even craft a BP assembly.

Is there a way around this?

Thanks in advance

snooder

Jul 29, 2019
Basicly I just got into whatever that multiblock-things is called which can autocraft,
And I have it so I can autocraft Import and export buses, but there is a problem.
They require a conversion matrix which requires a Basic processor, And to make a BP you need a BP assembly which needs to be smelted into a BP. I have a pattern to craft BP assemblys and a export bus which is set to export BP assemblys to my processing line.
I thought that would work, but when I try to craft a import/export bus it just stops, It doesnt even craft a BP assembly.

Is there a way around this?

Thanks in advance
Instead of an export bus, use an interface. You can put a pattern in the "processing" slot of the interface and when the system needs to craft that item, it will send the ingredients to the interface. Just put the interface on a furnace, and voila.

Affex

Jul 29, 2019
Instead of an export bus, use an interface. You can put a pattern in the "processing" slot of the interface and when the system needs to craft that item, it will send the ingredients to the interface. Just put the interface on a furnace, and voila.
So I should make a second pattern of Basic Processors and put in the Interface processing slot?

snooder

Jul 29, 2019
So I should make a second pattern of Basic Processors and put in the Interface processing slot?
Yup. This one will be kind of a "fake" pattern cause you'll have to put a single BP assembly in the crafting grid anywhere and then put a basic processor in the output slot manually.

Affex

Jul 29, 2019
Yup. This one will be kind of a "fake" pattern cause you'll have to put a single BP assembly in the crafting grid anywhere and then put a basic processor in the output slot manually.
Okay something went horribly wrong, It started autocrafting processors without me telling it to. Am I supposed to do anything with the two other slots in the ME interface?

martyyp

Jul 29, 2019
Okay something went horribly wrong, It started autocrafting processors without me telling it to. Am I supposed to do anything with the two other slots in the ME interface?
That's because it was probably still in the queue, and you didn't cancel it, also things go haywire sometimes if it's in the middle of crafting something and you make an addition to your system

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
you have to look at it as separate requests with a pattern for each link in the chain.

Your assembler chamber should have: conversion matrix pattern and basic processor assembly pattern

An ME Interface above a furnace shoiuld have: basic ME processor pattern

There should be only one pattern for each stage in a crafting process

Affex

Jul 29, 2019
There is a problem however, The Furnace is in a different AE network, I have one storage and one processing network and those are far away from each other.
Is there a way around that? or should I simply add a furnace to the network?

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
You want them on the same network as the autocrafting will use the furnace pattern as an intermediate step in crafting the conversion matrix.

snooder

Jul 29, 2019

I'm guessing either:
1) The system still had a queue of processors - just break and replace the controller to reset it.
2) You still have the export bus somewhere else crafting processors.

And no, you don't have to do anything with the other slots in the ME interface.