Is the EnderIO alloy smelter really slow?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Siigari

Aug 27, 2013
Portland, Oregon
Had my Fluid Transposer and Magma Crucible doing redstone stuff, decided to make a couple Enderium ingots in the EnderIO alloy smelter. Boy, was that a mistake.

4 1/2 minutes later I had my four Enderium. Wut. Also slow to make glass and other things I need fairly regularly.

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019
Its "slow" because if you put in a stack of sand it smelts 3 at a time so the time it takes for all 3 be smelted is how long it will take and this is with no upgrades. But as stated above that will help the speed some. Also alloys take longer than regular smelting.

Reactions: RedBoss

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
4 1/2 minutes, really? Either it's real slow or you have no octadic capacitor in there. Still kinda slow for Enderium though.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
4 1/2 minutes, really? Either it's real slow or you have no octadic capacitor in there. Still kinda slow for Enderium though.
Enderium is the only thing that takes this long. My only guess as to why is because the huge amount of RF it takes and the alloy smelter only runs at a certain RF/t depending on the capacitor you put in it. I guess it was balanced against the power it take to melt the pearls, fill the buckets, and then smelt the dust. Since you are basically doing it all in one machine. I can't think of another reason why it takes so much power to make.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Enderium is the only thing that takes this long. My only guess as to why is because the huge amount of RF it takes and the alloy smelter only runs at a certain RF/t depending on the capacitor you put in it. I guess it was balanced against the power it take to melt the pearls, fill the buckets, and then smelt the dust. Since you are basically doing it all in one machine. I can't think of another reason why it takes so much power to make.
Yup, considering that a Magma Crucible consumes 4x as much power as an Alloy Smelter with octadic capacitor.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Yup, considering that a Magma Crucible consumes 4x as much power as an Alloy Smelter with octadic capacitor.

Makes me think we need another tier of capacitors or at least change the scaling so the top tier one lets it go even faster.

The Snipe

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe...note how there is no four-layer capacitor between double and octadic
Makes sense too considering 2x normal makes double so 2x double should make a quad layer and then two of them making the octadic.

Lautaro_Busto

Jul 29, 2019
Before that I suggest that we need a tier 4 for the power conduit 20000 rf/t isn't enough they should make a 40000 ones

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Am I the only one who just set out to make at least two stacks of Enderium and then go work on something else instead of crafting Enderium on demand?

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Am I the only one who just set out to make at least two stacks of Enderium and then go work on something else instead of crafting Enderium on demand?
I only do that when I've been to the End and have a good amount of platinum ^^

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Before that I suggest that we need a tier 4 for the power conduit 20000 rf/t isn't enough they should make a 40000 ones
At least the 20k RF/t is just per connection. The cables can throughput more. For example, if you make two connections to a capacitor bank, the cable will throughput 40k on a single cable. I don't know if there is a limit though. The new Thermal Dynamics cables in Infinity have an unlimited RF cable but they are expensive.