Is it possible to enable Biomes O' Plenty on a already exsisting World ?

WiTao

Jul 29, 2019
Well yeah the Question stands basically above..
My Problem is that I didn't know that you have to set the World Type to Biomes O' Plenty
So I was wondering if there is possible way to change that afterwards and if how ! :D
Because I really want those awesome Biomes

So if anyone has an Idea Help is appreciated !!!!:p

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
Look up how to change a superflat world to normal. Then look a t a biomes o' plenty world and take the tag and do what the tutorial said except instead of the normal world tag put biomes o plenty.

kittle

Jul 29, 2019
its quite possible to do. just keep in mind your existing chunks will still be old-style, and the borders will most likely be cliffs and/or jarring transitions between biomes. If your ok with that, then follow the tutorial that @Carbon gave.

You can also get a copy of McEdit and remove all the explored, but uninhabited chunks around your base (backup your world first). then when you log in everything except your base will be generated from BOP.

Reactions: RedBoss

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
It will not really ruin it. Just the borders of new and old generated chunks will be weird. In my case I did it. Before I added biomes o plenty biomes I simply made sure all biomes around my main base were generated and then I enabled the bop biomes. After that I went very far to a new secondary base so I avoid the area with the ugly chunk borders.

Reactions: RedBoss

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
It will not really ruin it. Just the borders of new and old generated chunks will be weird. In my case I did it. Before I added biomes o plenty biomes I simply made sure all biomes around my main base were generated and then I enabled the bop biomes. After that I went very far to a new secondary base so I avoid the area with the ugly chunk borders.
It really is ugly and it will ruin your world.
"Will" and "Ruin" are your key words.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
It really is ugly and it will ruin your world.
"Will" and "Ruin" are your key words.
Your world will be functional. You world will have chunk borders around the new generation that may be unseemly, but people in vanilla have this with the new biome updates. Most likely these borders will be at the edges of your existing world and most likely no where near you main base.

An issue that was reported was changing from vanilla to BoP terrain gen leading to Thaumcraft research resetting.

Reactions: RealSketch

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Your world will be functional. You world will have chunk borders around the new generation that may be unseemly, but people in vanilla have this with the new biome updates. Most likely these borders will be at the edges of your existing world and most likely no where near you main base.

An issue that was reported was changing from vanilla to BoP terrain gen leading to Thaumcraft research resetting.
Still, you world will be ugly and horrible.