Is it me, Or does all this "Voxel" shit really grind some gears in MP?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
  • Enables the user to see the nameplate from a much greater distance than previously possible (about 2-3 times as far).
Now on most SMP servers, you kinda might not want someone to see you from a vast distance, Makes any kind of stealth hard, And i need to like, Burry my base 2-3 times as deep, It totally breaks "invisibility" based devices because people can still see your name (Something else the coders forgot v_v)
  • "Shares" base code with zan's minimap (In the same way i "Borrow" my neighbor's lawnmower and never give it back
  • Is absolutely inferior to rei's, Although i've considered it might not be in there for reason's involving mod pack inclusion permissions (Rei has better block representation, Faster, Less intensive rendering,)
I mean, Voxel box is some kind of creative thing that doesn't account for survival all too much at all, And i often wonder why some of it is there, Feel free to tell me why i'm wrong, But please be nice because i just don't get it

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty sure everyone's behind you on this one. The only advantage is that your waypoints carry over to the nether, but that can be annoying.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
All the VoxelMods are created with the express purpose of creative building servers in mind. That's why you have entity radar, unlimited free teleportation, entertainment features and other such things. It works well there.

Why to make us use them in survival mode though, which 99% of FTB users play, I can't begin to fathom. I certainly toss them all out instantly (or, as I currently do, run a private modpack that never had them in the first place).

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty sure everyone's behind you on this one. The only advantage is that your waypoints carry over to the nether, but that can be annoying.

Rei has interdimensional waypoints, And IMO a nether minimap isn't entirely necessary, I mean what are you gonna do, Look at MORE netherrack?

Reactions: Jess887cp

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
Just switch to MapWriter anyways.

Maybe when it matures a little more and has features worthy of making me switch from rei's[DOUBLEPOST=1370855959][/DOUBLEPOST]
look at nether fortresses trough netherrack walls

(god thats some bad grammar sorry)

:)

URL]

EDIT: The image didn't work, It's supposed to be dr hax[DOUBLEPOST=1370856181][/DOUBLEPOST]

If everyone's behind me, Why are we still using the damn thing

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
"What's this Voxel thing? Looks kool"
"Let's add it to the modpack. It's preatty professiunoeuavrel"
"Oh, yeah, gotta love dat banjo on dat menu screen! Dis was a real good idea!"
"What's this VoxelSniper thing? Looks like you destroy a map in less than a femtosecond, probably good for... dunno, really. Somebody will probably use it for a non-griefing purpose"
"Oh, and it lets yall see through dem walls and see everything on the fuppin' map. I can see the usefulnessinessiness in this"
"Gonna replace some filez... YEAH DUBSTEP ON THE TITLE SCREEN WUBWUBWUBWUBWUB"
"I LOVE THIS" *Voice muted by the amount of wubs in the background*

*2 days later, adds voxel mods into every single modpack and removes everything that could be proved unworthy of the almighty Voxel Mods*

Note: I don't actually think of the FTB modpack crew as hillbillies, and I mean my impression in the least offensive way possible.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't like voxelmap until I noticed you get unlimited teleportation. Now its the best thing since sliced bread. I can't really be arsed walking back and to a cave when my inventory is full (I know about ender pouches, but by the time you've got them you don't need to be caving anyway).

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
Well, that's another strike against it in multiplayer. It defeats the purpose of portal guns, although if you're playing SMP only OP's can do it anyway.