Iridium Ore layer level.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avous-

Jul 29, 2019
I just completed a 61x68y61z quarry with no iridium (the entire reason I did it). I waited a little over two and a half days for my quarry to finish, I'm not interested in doing this again. I have about six diamond chests worth of scrap, ore, flint, and obsidian.

Does anyone have any idea what Iridium ores layer level is so i can just branch mine it.

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
I believe it's anywhere below layer 90, only 1 for every 5 chunks. Sounds like you had bad luck. :(

Try jetpacking through the nether. You'll find them exposed occasionally (still very uncommon). I'd suggest a silk touch pick or rockcutter so you can macerate them into two ores.

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
It randomly spawns at any level and one per 5 chunks so it is impossible to really strip mine it. Which I can confirm as I've found it on the surface before and at other levels. As for your quarry you were just very unlucky and if you check the boarding chunks you may find one of the insanely rare spawns of it. In my experience and from what I've seen it is far easier to find it in the nether as it stands out like a sore thumb. Where as in the over world it looks identical to the other white ores.

Personally I gave up trying to find enough and just enabled the default massfab as the gregtech matterfab takes a insane amount of energy and time to make a single UU. To where it will take you weeks to make one of the advanced recipes.

Codex

Jul 29, 2019
I recommend placing your quarries in a flat plains age with a dense ores symbol and 4 charged, if you have the option of course. If not, exploring the nether is a great idea.

MrKirk

Jul 29, 2019
Iridium is pretty rare yeah... If you dont wanna spend weeks on farming iridium you can either enable the old recipe for the original Mass Fabricator or you can try to get a MystCraft world whit dense ore whit extreme hills ( Just fly around and search for Iridium ).

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
Or just cannon ball your way though a dense ore world with the mining laser on explosive or scatter trying to cover as much ground as you can. Basically earth worming your way though the world to get as much ores as you can before the world ends.

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
Well, on the plus side, from what I hear, the latest version of GregTech (which is likely going to go in all but the Magic World pack I think) removes Iridium from the Nether (it was a bug) but has much easier to spot asteroids/whatever floating in the End that you can grind Iridium out of. Carrying around a Jetpack, Batbox, and some batteries (or their higher tier equivalents) should reduce the pain of Iridium hunting significantly.

Of course with the distances these asteroids will have from each other, you'll need to be very careful about your Jetpack's energy level...

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
Or make a frame based mining platform since we will have redpower by then. Another option would be if we get the chunk loading turtles from the computer craft addin then we can make a swarm of turtles to mine in a set direction till they hit the world limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.