Windows .exe IOException on Login Attempt

ManaaniWanderer

Jul 29, 2019
I have the latest version of the launcher from the site, but when I go to login it Gives an IOException Error.

What I've tried so far:
  • Win 7 Compatabilty Mode
  • Running as an Adminstrator
  • Copying Password from text file to both FTB and Vanilla launchers to confirm it works, and Vanilla worked fine
  • Reinstalling Java
Paste bin is here, or if you prefer: http://pastebin.com/F1iX5Dni

Managed to find a workaround to connect successfully, info on the second page.

Last edited:

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Well, then you get the same thing I tell everyone else, but this time for a different reason (usually I post it because people don't give enough or the right information, or what they have given isn't done right)

Please complete this:
Be sure to read everything in the article, as the extra info at the end is there to help you.
http://desk.feed-the-beast.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/9/0/basic-troubleshooting

If you're still having trouble, please post your complete client-side (launcher) console log to pastebin.com and link your paste URL here.
The console log is the one described under the first paragraph in this article. Please post your logs as described to prevent them from expiring.
http://desk.feed-the-beast.com/inde...29/1/what-log-do-you-need-where-can-i-find-it

Then post in this format:

Operating System, bit type:
Java version/update, bit type:

Launcher version:
Completed the troubleshooting guide (y/n):
Console log, pastebin.com link:
Description of the Issue:

If your console log indicates that you have not completed the guide exactly as I have prepared it, then I will ask you to do it again.

ManaaniWanderer

Jul 29, 2019
It is,yes.

edit:Texture packs and maps are downloading fine so the issues seems to be the launcher won't/can't connect to Mojang's servers.

Last edited:

Dumle29

Jul 29, 2019
It's odd that I would get this exact problem the same day as this thread was posted. No previous problems, and not only with the newest launcher.

psyco59

Jul 29, 2019
Had this for a few minutes but looks good now. Might of been a short server hiccup somewhere along the way

Last edited:

DylanH

Jul 29, 2019
I have the same problem, changed nothing, 2 hours ago everything worked fine. Login in the vanilla launcher works fine.[DOUBLEPOST=1387044469][/DOUBLEPOST]ok now it works again for me, really strange...

Dumle29

Jul 29, 2019
Even tho the .exe version has worked for me up to this point, it doesnn't any more. The Jar version however seems to work for me.

Aleck

Jul 29, 2019
I was having this problem as well, I checked Mojang server status and everything appeared to be running fine. Took about 5-6 tries and maybe 10 minutes, but I eventually got it to work without changing anything or doing anything. Maybe some servers are flickering and experiencing issues?

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Same here, was working fine an hour ago, now won't launch. Problem appears to be on the FTB side, can log into minecraft.exe fine. Also, clicking 'yes' to do you want to play offline just hangs the launcher. Looks to be specific to certain packs. This happens on DW20 1.6.4, but Unleashed launches normally.

bfox1

Jul 29, 2019
This is something i did that solved my issue. Make sure your Java is up-to-date and correct. If using 64-bit, get BOTH java 7 update 45 (64-bit) and java (TM) 7 (64-bit). Delete any other Java updates or (TM) that are not 64-bit. Delete everything related to FTB. Horizon modpack, assets, libraries, etc.. then redownload the launcher and attempt to login again. This may ONLY work for 64 bit users. Hope this helps.