"Invalid username or password"

Status
Not open for further replies.

steelworker55

Jul 29, 2019
I tried making a profile on the FTB launcher, and it won't let me play FTB because it keeps on saying "Invalid username or password". I have created a profile, and it will not let me login to FTB. Help anyone?

Marcel van Dongen

Jul 29, 2019
Does your combination of username/password work on www.minecraft.net? If not, then there's your problem.
Try deleting and recreating the profile. I have noticed that editing doesn't seem to work.
Maybe the launcher has been installed at a place where you don't have rights to write, like c:\Progam Files. Use c:\games\FTB or something similar.

Cameron Cooper

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having the same problem with launching as well as a lot of other people. I think its a syncing/migrating issue on Mojang's end.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Are you using your e-mail as the username? If you migrated your account, you have to.

You also need to own a copy of Minecraft. People seem to not understand this concept.

Cameron Cooper

Jul 29, 2019
Are you using your e-mail as the username? If you migrated your account, you have to.

You also need to own a copy of Minecraft. People seem to not understand this concept.
Yes. i'm using my e-mail as my username., and yes I also have my own paid copy of minecraft.

kcid42

Jul 29, 2019
I have the exact same problem. My account was working fine until I installed the latest installer (1.3.4?). Could not connect anymore with both accounts, although I can connect with those accounts with another launcher version on another pc.

I could fix it by recreating my account in FTB launcher (remove account, add it again)

keybad

Jul 29, 2019
Last night i played well.
This morning - "Invalid username or password".
Checked on Minecraft.net and account.mojang.com - all ok.
Re-created new profile - same.
Checked another account - the same.
o_O

Owenzoe

Jul 29, 2019
i cant logging aswel i tried lots of things but still it isnt working it worked fine yesterday

spinbom

Jul 29, 2019
yeah, i think it might be only for certain people.I changed my MC password but it still does not work

Johnny Cash

Jul 29, 2019
Well, it's not fixed for me. I see the tech support on Twitter addressed the issue some days ago, no update yet though. I guess they wont actually look into it before Direwolf himself gets the problem. And yeah, I've done everything I can possibly do to fix the issue.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Well, it's not fixed for me. I see the tech support on Twitter addressed the issue some days ago, no update yet though. I guess they wont actually look into it before Direwolf himself gets the problem. And yeah, I've done everything I can possibly do to fix the issue.
Um no. We've been looking into it. It's been addressed multiple times. Each time, there is a new problem following the fixes that have been implemented by the development team.
It appears to only happen to users who migrated their accounts in the last several months.
It's not consistent across the user-base.

It's really quite difficult to track down and solve inconsistent problems.

Development team and support team are not the same people. We, tech support, report problems to them, development.

Status
Not open for further replies.