Interesting MC ram help

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Bruigaar

Jul 29, 2019
For many of the people who find that Minecraft bogs down there system there is a possible easy solution for you. Go to your local electronics store or big brand store with an electronics section and pick up a cheap thumb drive ( $10-20). Make sure you can use it to readyboost your system and then do just that. If you leave it in your computer it will act like a ram buffer. Keeping loaded into it files that your ram constantly uses. So now you no longer have your hard drive search and read times added to the mix 1000 times a sec.

It worked wonders for me on a 3.2 Duo with 4G of RAM. I know it would not be a solution for everybody. But it's cheap and even if it doesn't help MC for you thumbdrives are always handy to have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: kaovalin

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Note: Readyboost is a feature of Vista and newer. Also, I believe it needs USB 2.0 or newer. I use a MicroSD card in a built-in slot on my laptop for Reayboost so that is also an option.

Although Readyboost isn't supported on XP you might be able to get a similar effect with a fast enough thumb drive (in a fast enough USB connector) and configuring your system to put your swapfile on the thumb drive. That's essentially what Readyboost does anyway, although Readyboost is a bit more automatic.