Infinity Randomly Crashes

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

pengwinXsamurai

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
Infinity Randomly Crashes
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
Infinity
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
Up until yesterday I had been playing infinity just fine, but since then, the pack will randomly crash and send me back to the launcher. There doesn't seem to be any warning or reason to when/why it crashes, I've been doing anything from mining in the overworld/nether/deep dark to crafting in my ME system, it just crashes.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
According to this crash-log it either has to do with
twilightforest.world.TFGenWitchHut.generateTinyHut(TFGenWitchHut.java:180)
or fastcraft

If you do not care for the twilight forest you could remove it and see if the error persist
edit if you do that don't forget to make a backup first

pengwinXsamurai

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not terribly fussed over the Twilight Forest, I can re-do the boss progression pretty quickly. I'll make a backup of the world now - if I take this route, should I just delete the Twilight Forest folder and let it reload when I start up again?

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
probably, but I have never had this error before and I am not even sure if it will help

pengwinXsamurai

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, this might be a touch of paranoia on my part, but which dimension is it that covers the Twilight Forest in the saves folder? I spent a bit of time pruning out old (bad and grossly unstable) Mystcraft ages but those are obviously labelled in the folder. Also, what could fastcraft have to do with it? I only just noticed it in the crash report amongst all the nonsense about the TF.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
it makes world gen faster among other things but in my experience it fixes more then it breaks (never had it break things) you could now that I think of it also try to see if there is an update for twilight forest but that may also break things if a new forge version is required. I believe it defaults to dimension 7 but never really looked into it you may be able to look it up in the config file