(Infinity) Not sure where to put this... But this is a preset of what a "real" Terra might be like!

jojinator97

Jul 29, 2019
2;1,4x10,43x1,4x12,4x82,4x12,4x3;2;stronghold(count=6),biome_1,village(size=5 distance=44),decoration,dungeon,mineshaft(chance=0.06)

Just load this preset into "Super Flat Mode" in infinity, go into creative, and give yourself the following items:

However many saplings you want
2 Buckets of water
Any seeds you'd like to give yourself
A cactus
A reed
Anything else you find neccessary

This will spawn you into a flat dirt world where you can do whatever you like!

I made this because I thought some people might be interested in it, seeing as I was actually hyped for a modded flat world dirt adventure. I was skeptical when I saw no ex nihilo, then I got a bit sad :(

No extra modifications are needed to your game to run this, but you won't be able to progress in certain mods without the objects you give yourself, let alone get ANY saplings to play the game.

There may be some things that you cannot do. If you get to those, my personal suggestion is to do one of a couple things:

1) Look into going to the twilight forest and gathering whatever you need there
2) Check other dimensions besides Twilight
And, if you REALLY can't get around whatever it is you are stuck on,
3) Hack it in and message me so I can maybe look for a work around.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
cheating in items? pansy. Real men put villages on and loot the frak out of them. Seriously, you can get all of those things from villages and witches. Also, going to the twilight forest sort of defeats the point. I mean the point is a world with absolutely nothing but dirt and some structures and doing everything, then you go to a dimension that's basically a modified overworld? At least mine in the Nether where there's a high risk, but you don't even really need nether ores to do everything. In fact, I have the entire mod disabled, as well as mystcraft. Not needed to do everything. The only things I see being a problem are some biomes o plenty things and oil, but those are entirely unnecessary.

I also like keeping it low enough to spawn slimes. I like the constant danger and sense of urgency they supply. It's quite fun to loot your way through a village while slimes just constantly accumulate. And it takes forever to properly clear them away, so there's not much you can do but wall them off.

As far as those items you cheat in, there's better, more interesting ways than NEI:
  • saplings: village chests or as a trade from harvestcraft villagers(unless that's hunger overhaul). Forestry houses very commonly have forestry saplings inside of them.
  • seeds: village farms.
  • botania flowers: apply seeds to carpenter's blocks. These act like grass in every aspect except that they cannot spread or be hoed. You can bonemeal them for flowers, then use those flowers to make floral fertiliser.
  • cactus: village apothecaries or crop breeding. Also possibly mutandis.
  • sugarcane: see above
  • metals: buy oreberries from tiCo villagers, and eventually a mining laser or 4.
  • rubber: minefactory villagers
  • redstone: witches (easily farmed from covens - the stonehenge like structures with a pool of water and a dispenser in the center.)
  • Nether portal: use the redstone obsidian generator trick. Google it.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
You can also find lava in blacksmiths in villages.
which is required for the redstone obsidian trick. The point of using redstone instead of pure lava is you don't have to go to 20 different villages to get the lava you need. You just need one protected village that you can grow large enough to spawn golems.