Induction Smelters with Relays

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

sir_schwick

Jul 29, 2019
So I have a pretty unsophisticated TE-based Ore Smelting/Cooking setup. The whole thing is powered by a boiler and steam engines. Inputs are put into normal chests which feed into Sorting Machines that color code everything saying where its to be sent. A Sand-maker(Extruder + Pulverizer) sends Sand to the Induction Smelters. Induction Smelters output below into Relays which goes through a Filter then through colored pipe to 2 Gold Chests where I can take the products manually. The issue is that the induction smelter output simply stays in the Relay. All the other TE machines that use relays and then route through filters work just fine. They even deliver to the chests.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
If the relay doesn't send, it might be backstuffed (you can see its status by looking at it, if it appears frozen in the middle of the output animation with the redstone light on, it is backstuffed) by an item that doesn't have a valid destination to go to. This may be because of the way you set up your filters - something came out of the induction smelter that you didn't expect, and your filters aren't prepared for it. Therefore it jams up the system.

The easiest way to clear backstuffed RP2 devices is to grab a chest (any kind of chest will do) and place it against the tube near the backstuffed device. This creates a valid output path for all possible items, and thus the backstuffed items will start traveling towards the chest.

Reactions: Booker The Geek

sir_schwick

Jul 29, 2019
You were right about the backstuffing. The filter was only coloring everything on the output line. However I had placed a regular cover instead of a hollow-cover over the output of the filter. Now that the filter is correctly attached to the system and relays cleared it is working as designed. Thank you.