Induction Smelter and/or Pulverizer?

Tesmetron

Jul 29, 2019
So the smelter will cook up 2 dust or 1 ore into 2 ingots with a bit of sand. The pulverizer makes dust which you can then smelt, but also has a small chance for an extra dust from some ores. Do you guys use one or both of these in your TE setups?

INCSlayer

Nov 17, 2012
i use the pulverizer first in my setup for a chance of that extra ore and then i send it on to my induction smelter since its faster than the powered furnace
2012-12-05_080820.png

the igneous extruder creates cobblestone which the middle pulverizer turns into sand and outputs into the two induction smelters the two outer pulverizers takes in ores from my quarry and grinds it up the primary output goes into the induction smelters and the secondary one goes into the powered furnaces and then it all gets outputed on the back of the machines and they are powered from below

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
I use the pulveriser for lead and silver ore only (as well as cobblestone to keep the induction smelter going). Everything else goes into the induction smelter.

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
Strictly speaking, the Pulverizer functionally dominates the Smelter in the current released version. This won't be the case in 2.1.0 - there will be incentive to use both of them in tandem. :)

Reactions: Vauthil

DrCeph

Jul 29, 2019
I use the pulveriser for lead and silver ore only (as well as cobblestone to keep the induction smelter going). Everything else goes into the induction smelter.

Why do you only use it for lead and silver and not the other ores?

Tesmetron

Jul 29, 2019
Perhaps he uses lead dust for hardened glass and silver dust for electrum blend. I think pulverizing first is probably the best option for almost all ores, since many items have a secondary output that way. I do still like the smelter because of its speed and low energy use. King Lemming, that's pretty interesting. Care to elaborate on that one? Maybe you're going to compete with Factorization's 150% ore yields?

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
King Lemming, that's pretty interesting. Care to elaborate on that one? Maybe you're going to compete with Factorization's 150% ore yields?

Strictly speaking, Factorization will have the raw mechanical advantage in terms of ore output - I like Factorization and don't want to infringe on how that process works - it's nice. :) However, there's a question of how many ores you need vs which ores you really want. I think people will like it.

Tesmetron

Jul 29, 2019
Oops, sorry ApSci! I have the bad habit of defaulting to male pronouns on the internet. I also realized I should have said 300% for factorization ore yields instead of 150%. Yeah KingLemming, that's great. I like the complexity that factorization requires for the high ore return, but I really like your system of secondary products from pulverizing, and it sounds like you are planning more with that! TE is probably my favorite of the new crop of tech mods. I especially like how compact I can make things. I love building tiny bases that squeeze a lot of functionality into a tight space, so your mod has really been great for that.