In SSP, how much do you cheat?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
It's a serious question, I'm playing in a new world that I've been in for a while now, and this time around, I resolved that if I lost anything legitimately, then I wouldn't cheat it in.

And then I inadvertently thew my tool bag away (probably when I pulled a tool out, and put it in the slot on the inventory bar which said tool bag was currently occupying). Now, most of the stuff that was in there wasn't expensive, I had some stone tools etc, but some of it was quite a bit pricey, so I broke my rule and refunded myself the relevant stuff.

Do others do this as well? I have lost some stuff through dying etc which I haven't refunded, and as a result, I'm taking a lot more care in general, but I'm still not playing 100% strict. At the end of the day, I'm playing for fun, and if the odd refund stops me from rage quitting, then I'll do it.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
The only time I "cheat" would be when I utilize creative mode in a creative mode world for testing ideas. I have no reason to do otherwise.

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly only thing I ever did was set it to peaceful. I never really thought of spawning in anything just due to it never crossed my mine.

Reactions: samSTR

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Until I finally remember to install that mod that stops your items from dropping on death I always cheat myself all my items back on death.

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
Lately ive been playing with keepinventory and hard difficulty to balance a bit. I like the flow of the game this way, i just wish i lost my exp on death as a penalty.

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
Lately ive been playing with keepinventory and hard difficulty to balance a bit. I like the flow of the game this way, i just wish i lost my exp on death as a penalty.

What about enchanting a cheap item and then voiding it? yeah, it's a manual process, but at least it would work.

vasouv

Jul 29, 2019
I occasionally cheat, I may get a miner's pack right from the start, or spawn a stack of cobble if I'm building sth and I'm out of cobble. Sometimes I put it to Peaceful if I want to listen to a podcast and don't feel like being careful about mobs... I mean... eh.

Matthew83

Jul 29, 2019
I have a really bad habit of cheating in my stuff after death. Well, mainly only when I die in or around lava. Man I hate lava! Ok, that is not completely true since lava is one of my favorite power sources. However, I'm really trying to break myself of that by going into the NEI config and locking cheat options. However, I did have a nasty long fall into lava in the Nether with the game locked. I quickly quit the game, unlocked the config, and then went back into the game to cheat mode myself to safety. I always feel a bit of guilt whenever I cheat which is very strange for single player. But mostly I'm trying to stay legit.

CodaPDX

Jul 29, 2019
I cheat full buckets sometimes when it saves me the trouble of going back and forth a few times, but then I delete the empty ones when I'm done. I also have been known to cheat in a screwdriver when I forgot my tool bag and am feeling lazy.

ahwtx

Jul 29, 2019
i only cheat out of laziness, usually extremely pathetic laziness. :p

for example, if i'm doing a long run of mining/caving, i'll often cheat in extra torches. i don't cheat in more than what i would be able to craft legitimately, and i always go back afterwards and toss whatever resources i would have used up had i crafted legit.

so yeah, i'm just reeeeaaaally lazy.

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
Apart from /gamemode mobGriefing false and /gamemode keepInventory true...
Not really. My cheating days are over.

Chrono

Jul 29, 2019
I only cheat if some kind of bug or glitch in a machine eat a item, I also used to use one of those slime chunk finder tools back wen slimes where such a rare mob.

Reactions: Saice

st753m

Jul 29, 2019
I will cheat in new IC2 items when they break while moving. Similarly, I also cheat in anything I lose due to bad directions (creating an advanced rail instead of an advanced detector rail, or trying to break my wood-looking, made-with-wood apiary with an axe instead of a pick, etc). I've also switched to creative mode on a few occasions where my portal gun threw me into the floor and I started suffocating, or other glitches.

I've learned my lessons on being impatient and cheating just to get a few more iron bars to finish something. I always feel guilty and end up starting over soon after.

Reactions: AlanEsh