I'm on Win 7-64bit, Launcher 1.3.7. Anyone else has splash screen freeze?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
I upgraded to the new launcher.

Now and then, the launcher freezes on the splash screen, the Loading progress bar remains blank, and I must kill the process before the console and the actual launcher come up.

Like I said, this issue is infrequent but recurring and therefore I suspect something to do with hosting mirror unavailability. So, this is more like a feedback to the dev team, to code a work around for this issue for the next rollout.

Thanks everybody.

vertagen

Jul 29, 2019
It happens always to me, need to start FtB again to launch, but the thing remains there.

Vilmos

Jul 29, 2019
Yep I get it too, end task on the task manager for javaw.exe and then it starts up.

Get rid of that stupid splash screen!

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I was just wondering the same thing. Makes me wish I hadn't upgraded, because the upgrade popup was less annoying.

vertagen

Jul 29, 2019
I just ignore it, since I like to have my desktop tidy, the middle isnt really used for anything and it doesnt overlap other screens so its fine for me.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Just run as adminsitrator and it will work every time:)
I do run as admin and I keep getting the FTB logo freezing and the launcher won't open. I have to start it twice since the update. It also starts nearing 1 gig or Ram usage from the launcher. I have actually been closing the launcher once the games loads. If my game is only using 4 gigs, why does a launcher doing nothing need 1?

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
I upgraded to 1.3.8 and the issues do not plague me that much anymore... I do have the odd freeze, but not as frequest and incessant as before.

I hope others having the same issue can see this and switch to the newer version.

Many thanks to the dev team for the quick turnaround :)