Im Cursed :(

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

CreepaCatcha

Jul 29, 2019
It seems whenever i build something BIG it always gets stuffed up somehow. For instance i had just recently finished building a awesome space station in galacticraft when i tried to go back down to earth the easy way and jump off the side. Bad mistake. Now whenever i load the world everything is ghost block and i keep falling into the void. Luckily im in creative and can fly back up.

Also after i watched Pacific Rim i decided to create one in FTB. I was so close to finishing when i middle clicked a RP transmitter. Game ending crash, no robot, lost the enthusiasm to start again.

And also once i was building a battleship to play with ICBM. There was a chunk error and i had to rebuild half of it.

:(

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Yea.. I just love when things just don't work the way you want them to..:( I had the most terrible time ever with the "looking for a host" game. :( Ugh how that was the worst nightmare situation ever trying to work with idiots that weren't providing what I wanted.:( Thanks god I got the motivation, advice, and the support I actually needed from a host. Those guys that I am using really want to make customers happy because I never been happy at those "big" GSPs that cared little about their customers. Valuable lesson learnt, the best hardware and fastest support are not always the best. These guys are actually saving me headaches and money! :) You usually don't get that from a host right? ;) Now.. I can actually admin the game rather than dealing with "garbage" ram, overloaded CPU core, and other tech problems that you can think of. Even if it the actual game not working right. :)

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
If you're playing on windows, then you should be able to recover a save. I've had to do it quite a few times before, but it saved a lot of progress. If you go to your saves folder and right click on the save that got messed up, you can click on properties. In the Properties window, there should be a "previous versions" tab. There's no telling how far back you might have to go. In most instances i lost a days work on a world, but it's better than losing all the work.

Also, note the phrases "should be able to" and "In most instances." There have been times in which i haven't been able to do this.

CreepaCatcha

Jul 29, 2019
If you're playing on windows, then you should be able to recover a save. I've had to do it quite a few times before, but it saved a lot of progress. If you go to your saves folder and right click on the save that got messed up, you can click on properties. In the Properties window, there should be a "previous versions" tab. There's no telling how far back you might have to go. In most instances i lost a days work on a world, but it's better than losing all the work.

Also, note the phrases "should be able to" and "In most instances." There have been times in which i haven't been able to do this.
Thx for the advice, I'll remember that next time.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Backup your saves mate :p
I just backup manually and don't get around to do it that often. But at least if it bugs up on me I only loose a couple of days of work at max. Not all of it.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
It seems whenever i build something BIG it always gets stuffed up somehow. For instance i had just recently finished building a awesome space station in galacticraft when i tried to go back down to earth the easy way and jump off the side. Bad mistake. Now whenever i load the world everything is ghost block and i keep falling into the void. Luckily im in creative and can fly back up.

Also after i watched Pacific Rim i decided to create one in FTB. I was so close to finishing when i middle clicked a RP transmitter. Game ending crash, no robot, lost the enthusiasm to start again.

And also once i was building a battleship to play with ICBM. There was a chunk error and i had to rebuild half of it.

:(

backups, backups and even more backups.

CreepaCatcha

Jul 29, 2019
Also on my space station world, the ghost block thing is fix theres a ton of tickrate lag, like a ton of it:
/tps cofg
Last 200 ticks:0.06 (slowest 0.02)
Last 20 ticks:0.03 (slowest 0.02)
Last 5 ticks:0.03 (slowest 0.02)
Time between last two ticks 32236ms (slowest 0.03 TPS)

I wish i had that opis mod.