1. Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

If anybody here has any power anymore

Discussion in 'General FTB chat' started by ICountFrom0, Feb 1, 2019.

1. ICountFrom0

ICountFrom0 Forum Addict

Please, talk to the team at twitch that's doing the twitch app.

They just removed the ability to click mods you've got in a pack, and view descriptions of them.

So if you've downloaded a modpack, you now can't get descriptions of what those mods do.

This newest update is a step back in features.

2. Golrith

Golrith Over-Achiever Trusted User

Still works for me. But I've always found that feature to be unreliable in twitch, it'll often just sit there trying to load the mod info and failing.

3. ICountFrom0

ICountFrom0 Forum Addict

I HIGHLY recommend you do NOT let it update, the update that changes the format removes the feature completely. It goes from broken and tending to refuse to load the first one you ask for (though, latter ones work just fine, unless you ever try to view that first one again) ... to just not having the feature at all.

4. KingTriaxx

KingTriaxx Forum Addict

Does it still do it if you unlock the pack?

5. ICountFrom0

ICountFrom0 Forum Addict

Pack was unlocked. Still happens.

And the update overnight can't find my minecraft installation, nor can it install minecraft... lovely.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  6. Golrith

Golrith Over-Achiever Trusted User

What version of twitch are you on? Mine is Version 7.5.6941.40000

7. ICountFrom0

ICountFrom0 Forum Addict

That's the one I had to roll back to, in order to get things working again.

The one I was on, was the one that happens if it offers to update you to the new version when your already ON that. So do not hit "switch to beta" or let it invite you into the alpha.

8. Cpt_gloval

Cpt_gloval Well-Known Member

And that's why I have been twitch client free for like 2 years now.

ICountFrom0 likes this.
  9. ICountFrom0

ICountFrom0 Forum Addict

True, but it's the one that's official for this forum and until there's nobody here that's worth playing packs from, it's the anchor I'm stuck with.

It looks though that either they don't care enough to reply, don't read anything here, or aren't allowed to talk about it.

10. SolManX

SolManX New Member

I'm on the same version as @Golrith and haven't had any issues either.

You mentioned switching to beta - a quick look in the help section gets this page:

https://help.twitch.tv/customer/portal/articles/2739989-switching-between-live-and-alpha

"In some cases you may need to switch your Twitch App to our Beta version. This may be because of a bug on the Live version, or a troubleshooting step as fixes are released to Beta for QA before they are released to Live.

If you do not need to be on the Beta version you should switch to Live as there is a higher risk of dealing with bugs or issues and more frequent updates if in Beta."

There were some connection issues a week or so back - did the app suggest you go to beta then?

11. ICountFrom0

ICountFrom0 Forum Addict

... it's cute that you want to troubleshoot this.

You seem to not understand. I check the beta, and the alpha, from time to time to see what's coming next. The new release, the one being tested, removes core functionality from the twitch app's minecraft section. Period. It wasn't connection issues. It wasn't anything of the sort. It is quite honestly removed from the feature set.

The mod pages cannot be accessed from inside the twitch app. The changelogs cannont be accessed from inside the twitch app. The version lists can't be accessed from inside the twitch app. On the page where the modlist is displayed if you have downloaded the pack.

If you want to get information about a mod, you have to go out two pages or to "new content" search for it manually, and then look at it there.

If you want to change your installed version of a mod, you have to remove it from your pack, go to "new content" go into it there, and then change the version that way.

This can't be done inside the pack view anymore. That feature has been removed in the update.

12. SolManX

SolManX New Member

Understand now :)